Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamped!

Options
  • 01-05-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Question please Boards!

I was clamped today :o(

I was parked on a public street that did not have any signage about Parking / Permits / Hours of Parking etc, but it does have a Ticket Machine.

So, clearly I should have noticed the machine, but what I want to ask you clever clever people is whether I have any grounds for appeal given that there was no signage to tell me that I could only park between X hours and for X duration.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Question please Boards!

I was clamped today :o(

I was parked on a public street that did not have any signage about Parking / Permits / Hours of Parking etc, but it does have a Ticket Machine.

So, clearly I should have noticed the machine, but what I want to ask you clever clever people is whether I have any grounds for appeal given that there was no signage to tell me that I could only park between X hours and for X duration.

Thanks in advance!
    You should have grounds if as you say there was nothing warning you that you needed to pay and display including no signs for clearway or parking signs at the end of the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You should have grounds if as you say there was nothing warning you that you needed to pay and display including no signs for clearway or parking signs at the end of the street.

Hey Foggy_Lad,
    Thanks a mil for that. Definitely no signage of any kind, so I'll definitely be appealing it. I've the photos and everything to prove it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Was there anything writ upon the ticket machine ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

what street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Was there anything writ upon the ticket machine ?
    The writing on the machine is not good enough, there should be signs showing the start and end of any pay and display area as well as other information signs throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

what street?
    Agreed. Was it a public street? Was it a pedestrian street?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The writing on the machine is not good enough, there should be signs showing the start and end of any pay and display area as well as other information signs throughout.

Agreed it's not Statutory Signage Foggy,BUT,it gives a general idea of the level of attentiveness of the driver concerned...;)

"I'm only nipping in for a paper,boss......." :eek:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Any white lines designating controlled parking area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

What were you clamped for and who were you clamped by? It will say on the ticket. That's your starting point.

It it was for a non display of P&D ticket there has to be signage governing the area that you were parked in.

What street were you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Some residential areas in Dublin have 7:00-24:00 parking which does catch a few people out. It would be unlikely that there is no markings and signage on a street; it wouldn't be a bad move to pop back there in daylight and have a second look before you make an appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

The street was Moira Street in Stoneybatter...

No white lines or any signage suggesting you couldn't park there...

Thanks for the help,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

http://test.raymcadam.com/1/?p=613

may be some help in explaining though it's not dated
    also google cannot find moira st, looks like it calls it Swords St and Niall rd if I have it right...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thanks for the help,
    Moira Road?

Who clamped you? What was the offence? Are there some enterprising locals?

Were you parked too close to a junction / opposite a solid white line?

Thanks for the help,

The reason you were clamped is printed on your ticket. Perhaps you can let us know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

The whole of Stoneybatter is paid parking or residents permits only between working hours, Monday to Friday.

I assumed there would be a notice on all streets, but I guess not.

That said, you do seem to be unlucky as I have never seen a clamper there.

reprazant wrote: »
    The whole of Stoneybatter is paid parking or residents permits only between working hours, Monday to Friday.

I assumed there would be a notice on all streets, but I guess not.

That said, you do seem to be unlucky as I have never seen a clamper there.

Apparently, they will act upon local complaints about parking.

Advertisement