Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Cables Along roadside

Options
  • 01-05-2012 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen these red cables all over the place?
    Saw them coming into Kinnegad yesterday evening and again today

Have heard Zinc survey but cant for the life of me understand how the cables do this??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Don't know what the story is with them, seen them all over the place too. But, when I was collecting the young lad frm school in Clonard, I seen the lads taking all the cables back up. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

If they were 2 cables stretched across the road about 6" apart then it is a traffic survey, never heard of Zinc survey before.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Saw them as well. They'd be going an insane distance of maybe half a kilometre to a kilometre long!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mr_Andy

They were at that a while ago around gainestown mullingar, cable along the side of the road for for a long distance, very unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Length of cable seemed to go on for about 3k goin into Mullingar at one stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

back last year remember the warning of low flying aircraft over mullingar area for approx 1 week. It was a survey plane that was able to survey mineral rock in the ground.

So the survey indicated a seem of gold/zinc and lead deposits in the ground in a vein from killucan to coole.

the red cables are approx 10 meters apart and 2 massive machines on real wide tires connect to the cables and survey the ground in more detail.

next step they bore test holes. they surveyed multy and coole before christmas with them wires and then tested with the bore holes .

Advertisement