Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice needed

• 01-05-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭

I'm looking for an MP3 player. I basically want it for podcasts so don't want to spend to much.

But it has to have a radio and bluetooth.

Can anyone recommend one?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What does the bluetooth need to be able to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

I'm a bit deaf and wear a hearing aid, I want the bluetooth to pair with the hearing aid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

gambit83 wrote: »
    I'm a bit deaf and wear a hearing aid, I want the bluetooth to pair with the hearing aid!

I think unless you get one of the samsung galaxy players only other players with bluetooth I can think of are some of the creative zen xfi series.
    I know 1&2 have it not sure about the xfi3.

What about a mobile phone. Most smartphones will do the job. Looking at the carphonewarehouse site, they have a €70 prepay-phone, with fm radio, bluetooth and should be no problems downloading podcasts because being an android there are a lot of podcast apps available.
    I'm sure with a bit of looking, you could pick up a second hand smart phone for very litte. Try adverts and donedeal.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What about a mobile phone. Most smartphones will do the job. Looking at the carphonewarehouse site, they have a €70 prepay-phone, with fm radio, bluetooth and should be no problems downloading podcasts because being an android there are a lot of podcast apps available.
    I'm sure with a bit of looking, you could pick up a second hand smart phone for very litte. Try adverts and donedeal.

That's probably the most cost effective route to take. +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Ste- wrote: »
    I think unless you get one of the samsung galaxy players only other players with bluetooth I can think of are some of the creative zen xfi series.
    I know 1&2 have it not sure about the xfi3.

There's a version of the xfi 1 with wifi. Xfi 2 doesn't have either because I own one. Not sure about the Xfi 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

Re - wextext: i didn't even think about getting a smartphone, i think i'm due a upgrade on my present phone so i may go that way depending on price! i'll see what they recommend in the shop as i don't know much about smartphones

RE - Ste- & Morf: the creative zen's seem to get good reviews so i may go that way if i don't get the smartphone

thanks for all the your help and suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

gambit83 wrote: »
    Re - wextext: i didn't even think about getting a smartphone, i think i'm due a upgrade on my present phone so i may go that way depending on price! i'll see what they recommend in the shop as i don't know much about smartphones

RE - Ste- & Morf: the creative zen's seem to get good reviews so i may go that way if i don't get the smartphone

thanks for all the your help and suggestions

Zen Touch 2 and Zen X-fi 3 both have bluetooth. I just checked.

Advertisement