Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oil spill

• 01-05-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭

Today i was out in the heavy rain and surprise surprise a major oil spill from the local maxol petrol station up the main street through a round about, contuned for about a mile till it reached a local building supplie yard, you would not belive the smell of diesel,so i called into the local garda station to report it but was told not much they could do about it:confused:,i told the gard someone would get broke up off there bike or worse killed the gards answer you should get a car there safer:mad:,as i was driving back i could see that there was something happening at the round about,hazard lights on and a que of trafic,a young biker had fallen on the oil ,i filtered through and help put him in to the recovery piction suspected brocken wrist and collor bone.
    The responding garda was the prick i reported the oil spill to in the first place.
    The father of the young lad rang me this evening to say thanks,surprise he told me they had found the van the oil had came out of, i ask how he found the van so quick he got the number off the c.t.v in the petrol station, his father is a biker in the trafic core:cool:,he is also goning to look into the report i made and what was said to me.
    Sorry for the long post just wanted to let off some steam,safe bikeing everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

ZX7R wrote: »
    ....but was told not much they could do about it:confused:,i told the gard someone would get broke up off there bike or worse killed the gards answer you should get a car there safer:mad:,

What an arsehole!!! Hopefully something similar will happen to him and he won't be so quick to dismiss it!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

What an arsehole!!! Hopefully something similar will happen to him and he won't be so quick to dismiss it!!

I'd be asking for that in writing and seeing what the Ombudsman would have to say about that approach! cvnts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The thing is its not just a danger for bikes its all traffic, I can't believe that someone would be as arrogant as that.
    What if it was one of their own bikers working as an outrider for a convoy?
    What a useless excuse for a Garda, these kind of people give the Gardai a bad name.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any time thats happened around here youll see the fire brigade out washing the road, if its serious enough. Bloody useless garda, and they wonder why people dont respect them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭tinyjiney

Make an official complaint to the Garda station...do they record phone calls..?????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Better off ringing the local traffic corps where you will probably speak to a bike cop who knows what you are talking about.

non bike cops wouldnt recognise it as a hazard in a 4 wheel car.

There is loads they can do.

They have a 24 hour line to the on call county council who will show up with a truck load of sand a digger and six lads with shovels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Unlucky. I got my worst injury from an oil spill also. Left sciatic nerve still hurts some times if I walk too much.

Hope the young biker is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭ogriofa

Don't get me wrong, that was w@nkery of the highest order...
    But I had a similar scenario with the local Gaurds. The opposite happened though.
    There was a mysterious (plasticy?) substance on a roundabout near my place. Went over it at 5mph and the bike nearly flipped, zero grip.
    I reported it in the local station (I must have been a little shook looking), went out to the shops later to find the local council scraping the stuff off the road. This happened within an hour. No messin.

Of course your story is outrageous, just wanted to give a good report here.

Fair play to you for helping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I just rang the young lads dad he has a broken sholder and a broken finger,but he is in good form.
    his dad told me that the young lad wants him to bring him to a couple of bike breakers so he can sort the bike:D thats what i want to here from a young biker:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,412 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Breakers?
    As he knows who caused the spill their insurance should be paying for the bike to be fixed up with NEW parts and labour at official dealer rates. They should be paying medical bills, expenses (taxis etc.), new lid, new gear etc., lost earnings, and compensation for the injury and possible future pain etc.
    They shouldn't be let away with it.

They should be done for careless driving as well..

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

that end of things has nothing to do with me, that is for him the police and the insurance to sort out.
    if it was me i would take them to the cleaners;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

ZX7R wrote: »
    that end of things has nothing to do with me, that is for him the police and the insurance to sort out.
    if it was me i would take them to the cleaners;)

YUUUUUP! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

ninja900 wrote: »
    Breakers?
    As he knows who caused the spill their insurance should be paying for the bike to be fixed up with NEW parts and labour at official dealer rates. They should be paying medical bills, expenses (taxis etc.), new lid, new gear etc., lost earnings, and compensation for the injury and possible future pain etc.
    They shouldn't be let away with it.

They should be done for careless driving as well..

Dead right. The only way to teach people in these type of situations is to hit them where it hurts the most and that's usually in their wallet. Hopefully it'll teach them in future.

Advertisement