Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity

Options
  • 01-05-2012 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi :) Just looking for some information and help regarding an issue with Airtricity, I moved out of an apt on the 14/02/12 and rang Airtricity to close account and was told as I was changing providers I couldnt do this and my new provider would do it, my new provider didnt close my account and the new tenant never took account in their name so they have been living in apt since the 15/02/12 with free electricity and I am now liabel for the bill, the landlord has said they contacted tenant and told them to contact airtricity to take over bill which hasnt happened!!!!! I am being passed from pillar to post Airticity are telling me to contact landlord, landlord is telling me they contacted Airtricity and it is being sorted, yet Airtricity say they had no contact!!!!! can anyone advise me if there's a company of group who can help me????? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Shelly007 wrote: »
    Hi :) Just looking for some information and help regarding an issue with Airtricity, I moved out of an apt on the 14/02/12 and rang Airtricity to close account and was told as I was changing providers I couldnt do this and my new provider would do it, my new provider didnt close my account and the new tenant never took account in their name so they have been living in apt since the 15/02/12 with free electricity and I am now liabel for the bill, the landlord has said they contacted tenant and told them to contact airtricity to take over bill which hasnt happened!!!!! I am being passed from pillar to post Airticity are telling me to contact landlord, landlord is telling me they contacted Airtricity and it is being sorted, yet Airtricity say they had no contact!!!!! can anyone advise me if there's a company of group who can help me????? Thanks in advance
    You have some chance if you still have the final meter reading you took to close your account, if you have this then you just write a letter to airtricity giving your old account number and address and stating that you have moved out and this is the final reading at the time you moved out, also mention that you rang this reading into them at the time but the agent refused to close your account when requested.

tell them that you are not liable for any charges from the date of leaving and you will not pay for any service or goods from the closing meter reading. tell them if they persist in hassling you that you will forward all the information you have to the regulator and let them handle airtricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shelly007

Hi thanks for ur reply :) Ive done all of the above but Airtricity say until someone takes over bill ie new tenant or landlord it's staying in my name and I am liabel to pay!!!!!!! and Airtricity told me they dont deal in paper all contact must be paid via phone as its all recorded (even though they can not trace my first phone call, the one I rang to close account because I rang from a private phone number!!!!!!) :mad:

Hi thanks for ur reply :) Ive done all of the above but Airtricity say until someone takes over bill ie new tenant or landlord it's staying in my name and I am liabel to pay!!!!!!! and Airtricity told me they dont deal in paper all contact must be paid via phone as its all recorded (even though they can not trace my first phone call, the one I rang to close account because I rang from a private phone number!!!!!!) :mad:
    They are lying to you!

Write an old fashioned letter to them outlining what I said in my previous post and send a copy via email and also send a copy to the commission for energy regulation.

You have left the property and have a final reading! that is all you need! Don't be tempted to pay anything to get rid of these leeches or they will never leave you alone! If they ring you politely ask them to write to you and hang up, do not give them any details if they ask for your name or account number to verify who you are as they cant legally talk to you unless they have proven it is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Nimbles

I hope that this has been sorted out for you by now.

However, I would not advise following the advice given above saying not to give your account number or name as this would do nothing more than delay the situation further. If you can provide Airtricity with the new tenant's contact details they will most likely contact the new tenant in relation to this. You can write in or email customerservice@airtricity.com if you are not having success when calling in.

I hope this helps :)

Nimbles wrote: »

However, I would not advise following the advice given above saying not to give your account number or name as this would do nothing more than delay the situation further. If you can provide Airtricity with the new tenant's contact details they will most likely contact the new tenant in relation to this. You can write in or email customerservice@airtricity.com if you are not having success when calling in.

Do you have any connection with Airtricity?

• Advertisement

No, I've just dealt with them before as one of their customers, I have found them to be very helpful in my dealings with them.

I find in these situations you have to apply a "help them, help you" kind of attitude and things get sorted out much faster. It's just my opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

If you rang from a mobile you can check your records on-line to see yourself what time you called at?

Do landline providers still have itemised bills? Just look for the time you called and get back in touch with them and say this was the time I called the conversation lasted so many minutes can you please look up the call.

Are you sure the landlord has called then with this "its being sorted?". How are Airtricity at back tracking if they did give you the wrong info?

The new provider would only notify your previous supplier if you were remaining in the apartment and wanted to change companies, not if you were moving and signing up with another provider at a different address.

Not that its any fault of yours but when you changed suppliers did you not find it odd that they didn't ask for your previous address to cancel the supply there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

Hey, I used to work for them for one WHOLE miserable year in the CREDIT CONTROL department. If you are still having issues, please PM me and I can give you some advice on how to get this done, I have dealt with issues like that before.

Customer care is a busy busy department --- i'd say more but whats the point!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I really am baffled by this advice. What relevance has the new tenant's contact details got? The op attempted to cancel the contract and Airtricity refused.

Anna23 wrote: »
    Hey, I used to work for them for one WHOLE miserable year in the CREDIT CONTROL department. If you are still having issues, please PM me and I can give you some advice on how to get this done, I have dealt with issues like that before.

Customer care is a busy busy department --- i'd say more but whats the point!

So it's up to Airtricity to staff it accordingly!!:mad:

• Advertisement

If you moved out of the apt and Airtricity get the new tenants details, they can possible contact them to get them to take responsibility for the account from the date they moved in and you will not be liable for charges from that date on...

Just a suggestion...

If you moved out of the apt and Airtricity get the new tenants details, they can possible contact them to get them to take responsibility for the account from the date they moved in and you will not be liable for charges from that date on...

Just a suggestion...

Can you explain why if the op moved and attempted to cancel the contract with Airtricity why any subsequent tenants of that apartment should be any of the op's business?

The contract was between the op and Airticity - nobody else. Why do you see an apparent obligation on the op to supply Airtricity with details of people they don't even know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You have some chance if you still have the final meter reading you took to close your account, if you have this then you just write a letter to airtricity giving your old account number and address and stating that you have moved out and this is the final reading at the time you moved out, also mention that you rang this reading into them at the time but the agent refused to close your account when requested.

tell them that you are not liable for any charges from the date of leaving and you will not pay for any service or goods from the closing meter reading. tell them if they persist in hassling you that you will forward all the information you have to the regulator and let them handle airtricity.

Is your answer to everything to just lie? The OP never said they sent in a reading and your saying for them to say they did and that Airtricity wouldnt take it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement