Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&E Channel

Options
  • 01-05-2012 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has been contacted by the Bio Channel ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

not my ghost story per chance? I told them good luck finding someone with 'videos or photos to prove paranormal claims'. They told me orbs were good enough. I told them cheers, but no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Been asked by different groups/people over the years but its policy not to get involved with media/press.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

fair enough thanks

My ghost story must be getting desperate as there's two different researchers sending us emails, and leaving messages on the LP Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ill do it, actually Ill say anything is paranormal for a tenner and half a stuffin' sandwich. I can keep a straight face and talk about orbs for 60 seconds or so before losing it.

PM me or have your people get in touch with my people.

• Advertisement

here you go - I say everyone in the country should fake some photos and vids and then apply
    Hi there,

I wrote a note to your submission page and am writing you on facebook in case you tend to that more often.

Basically we are looking for some international stories, particularly in Ireland.

Below is the note I sent explaining.
    I'm a producer for the TV show My Ghost Story, the highest-rated program on the Biography Network, and we are currently booking for the new season. For three seasons now, My Ghost Story has been sharing the tales of people that have had experiences with the paranormal from around the US and now we are looking for stories internationally as well! If you, your group, or your friends have had any experiences you feel would make a great segment on My Ghost Story, we’re very eager to find out more. As an investigation team, you may have several instances where you captured strong evidence. There is not limit to how many stories you can submit. The most important aspect to start with is the evidence. If a story has strong evidence that gives the best chance for it to be considered as a submission.

We would love to hear about any stories you have and cases that have strong evidence. Below is a summary of what we need for presenting a story for approval. In terms of the casting video, I can send you a set of questions for the storytellers casting video. The best place to start is by pinpointing which cases have the strongest evidence that you might like to submit. We do bring the storytellers to Los Angeles for the interview, if anyone is afraid to fly, this may not be right for them.

In order to be considered for My Ghost Story, we need the following three things from you:

1. Evidence – Since My Ghost Story is a television show, we require some compelling visual evidence. Without evidence, a story cannot be featured on our show. Since we don’t send a team, evidence helps us tell the story and makes it compelling. Videos and photos are best, along with things like visual proof of being touched or marked by a spirit, and any tangible evidence. EVPs (audio recordings) are helpful as well – if they are pretty clear. Understandably some people can feel protective of the evidence they’ve collected, but please know that we cannot use your evidence without your express written permission. We would never use anything without permission as we are prohibited from doing so by the network. That said, I would need to gather the strongest evidence to show them, so that I can make the strongest case when pitching a story. It would be helpful if you could pinpoint investigations where you have several pieces of strong evidence - such as videos, EVP's, photos, etc.

2. Casting Videos - Videos of you and at least one other person who shared your experience (ore than 2 is OK). They can be done together or separately. You'll go on camera and tell us your story. If your ghost story happened alone, don't worry. We can talk to someone connected with the location where your ghost story took place.

The Casting Videos should be 5-10 minutes long, can be shot on a webcam, camcorder, or your phone. They are just a way for us to get familiar with you and your story. Since these are personal stories, we’re much more interested in the emotional parts rather than the scientific, investigative parts. Have fun and the more energy you can put into it, the better! I will send a set of questions, once I hear back from you and we target which stories you are submitting.

3. Location Information – Where did your ghost story take place? Some pictures would be great. We’ll need the contact information for the location and location owner, so we can get permission to film My Ghost Story there. If your ghost story took place in the house you own, then we just need you. But if your ghost story took place, for example, at a hotel or museum, we’ll need to contact that place directly.

Have you seen My Ghost story? If not, here is a link to the Biography.com site or you can find us on Youtube or Hulu.
    http://www.biography.com/tv/my-ghost-story

I look forward to hearing back from you! If you would like to do the casting videos right away, that would be awesome. Please let me know and I can send the questions right away!

--
    Nan Swartz
    Producer
    My Ghost Story
    A&E Biography
    Mark Phillips Philms & Telephision, Inc.
    2100 Sawtelle Blvd. Suite 307
    Los Angeles, CA 90025
    310-478-3850 (phone)
    310-478-3847 (fax)
    nan@mppt.tv
    myghoststory.nan@gmail.com
    or
    myghoststory

Advertisement