Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spray painting?

• 01-05-2012 10:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

i have two bubblesof rust on the mudguard on my fiat tractor when i plan on grinding back the spots applying filler, priming and then spray painting. will it matter spray painting over the rest of the paint instead of having to get it sanblasted off. i dont want it the new stuff to start peeling off if the power washer was shown to it in the future.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

primer first then paint and a good shot of laqure afterwards, it will stop the power washer peeling it off, mightn't blend in so well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

if painting over the other paint in not flaky,give it a rub with 400 spongepad and then paint and lacquer.no need to prime if not down to bare metal. use etch primer on bear metal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

what does lacquer do? how should that be applied?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

what does lacquer do? how should that be applied?

it seals the surface,gives it a geat shine and protects it.its like varnish,its clear. i spray it on when last coat is about touch dry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭f140

primer first then paint and a good shot of laqure afterwards, it will stop the power washer peeling it off, mightn't blend in so well.
    could lacquer go overboard and make it too shiny. i have no expierence with using it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement