Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build. Graphics cards doesn't appear to be working

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

You must disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Do i have to actually have to remove the card before i start his ?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

You shouldn't have to disable on board graphics or uninstall any old drivers. This might sound stupid but have you made sure your graphics card is seated correctly? Your correct in saying that the 7750 doesn't need supplemental power. Is the fan spinning at all when you power up?

Neilos wrote: »
    You shouldn't have to disable on board graphics or uninstall any old drivers. This might sound stupid but have you made sure your graphics card is seated correctly? Your correct in saying that the 7750 doesn't need supplemental power. Is the fan spinning at all when you power up?

Fan is spinning and it is in correctly.

I've tried to enter the bios but it won't lol.. I press F2 or del but it just stalls then windows starts.

• Advertisement

ah is was the keyboard not starting .. so i moved it to a new USB and it's working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

NeVeR wrote: »
    ah is was the keyboard not starting .. so i moved it to a new USB and it's working
    Is everything sorted?

no..
    i've no idea where to look in this bios.. it's not like the normal old bios i'm use to.

It's an ASrock motherboard with a different user interface.

so i can't follow the steps to disable the onboard graphics.

Does anyone have the ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 http://www1.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=52888&agid=1601

and know how to disable the on board graphics ?

Do i have to actually have to remove the card before i start his ?
    It best to follow the guide as if the card was brand new in the box. So I would say yes.

• Advertisement

I believe the diable option is explained in page 48 of the ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 manual. Did you get this new? If so you should have the manual.

Neilos wrote: »
    This is a quote from page 48 of the manual.

" if you plan to install the PCI Express graphics card for video output, please set this item to [Disabled] to disable the onboard VGA in advance. 48"

NEvER you can see this in the manual here if you do not have it.

http://www.manualowl.com/m/ASRock/Z68-Pro3-Gen3/Manual/268233?page=48

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

Did you get the correct drivers? Ie a driver that will support a windows 7 machine running 64 bit.

Sup08 wrote: »
    I believe the diable option is explained in page 48 of the ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3 manual. Did you get this new? If so you should have the manual.

I got it new. But all i see is a quick start guide in the box.

" if you plan to install the PCI Express graphics card for video output, please set this item to [Disabled] to disable the onboard VGA in advance. 48"

Page 48 is in german. As I said about all i have is a quick start guide.
    I'll check out that link. thanks.

UnkieKev wrote: »
    Did you get the correct drivers? Ie a driver that will support a windows 7 machine running 64 bit.

I did install the correct drivers.

I just checked the bios on that page and restarted to check my settings and it's set to PCI Express ! -- So now i've no idea.

I run CPU Z and the graphic card doesn't show up. Not sure if that is because i'm not using it as it doesn't work.

Well the next thing you will have to try is to insert the GPU into an computer that already has a working GPU card to confirm your new one is working or not.

Umm... My old PC is an AMD build... I'm in work till 8. so i'll have to remove it and try a few things later.

or borrow a known working GPU and put it in your new build and see if it the set up. Which ever works for you.
    I would do this one if I could get my hands on another GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

That is just one part of a sentence in a large paragraph. Here's the full paragraph.
    wrote:
    IGD Multi-Monitor
    Use this to enable or disable IGD Multi-Monitor by Internal Graphics Device. The default value is [Enabled]. For Windows® XP / XP 64-bit / VistaTM / VistaTM 64-bit users, if you plan to install the PCI Express graphics card for video output, please set this item to [Disabled] to disable the onboard VGA in advance.

Seen as your not using XP or Vista it doesn't apply.

You shouldn't have to adjust anything in BIOS, as you can see from the other paragraph on the same page the primary graphics adapter is default set to PCI Express.
    wrote:
    Primary Graphics Adapter
    This allows you to select [Onboard], [PCI] or [PCI Express] as the boot graphic adapter priority. The default value is [PCI Express]

As Sup08 said it's now a process of elimination, try a different graphics card if you can and try the 7750 in a different machine. I take it you've taken the card out and put it back in again? If you look through similar threads here you'd be surprised at how many times that sorts out the problem!!

what tests can i do to see if it's being picked up by the PC.

I don't know anything that has a PC that can take this card..

I've taken it out to look at it. but I'll try it again later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

if your AMD rig has a PCIe slot it'll work fine in there, if the GPU works at all. try that.

there is no need at all for BIOS changes or driver etc as said before. its all plug and play these days.

I'm not really of more help cause I'm far from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

Run GPUz not CPU-id

UnkieKev wrote: »
    Run GPUz not CPU-id

here is a screen shot from it.

203317.gif

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    if your AMD rig has a PCIe slot it'll work fine in there, if the GPU works at all. try that.

there is no need at all for BIOS changes or driver etc as said before. its all plug and play these days.

I'm not really of more help cause I'm far from Dublin.

I'll have to take it out tomorrow and install it tomorrow.

Right lads little update here.. and now i've no idea whats going on.

I took the new card out and put it in my old PC. It worked. I plugged the monitor into it and when the PC started it recognized it and tried to install the drivers.

I inserted the Club 3D cd and installed the Win XP drivers. It said it needed to restart the PC so i did and when it came back on the monitor wont work ! I tried 2 different monitors.. they are both working ( on the other PC and on game consol) .. But when plugged into the GPU it wont.

I plugged my old card into my new PC and it doesn't do anything.

The fan spins but nothing else.

Little lost now. The card did work.. But after the drivers where installed it stopped working makes no sense. I can't use any other ports on the PC as the motherboard only has a really old connection which i don't have and the graphics card wont work.. I'd have to put the old one back in to get it working again.

anyone any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Right lads little update here.. and now i've no idea whats going on.

I took the new card out and put it in my old PC. It worked. I plugged the monitor into it and when the PC started it recognized it and tried to install the drivers.

I inserted the Club 3D cd and installed the Win XP drivers. It said it needed to restart the PC so i did and when it came back on the monitor wont work ! I tried 2 different monitors.. they are both working ( on the other PC and on game consol) .. But when plugged into the GPU it wont.

I plugged my old card into my new PC and it doesn't do anything.

The fan spins but nothing else.

Little lost now. The card did work.. But after the drivers where installed it stopped working makes no sense. I can't use any other ports on the PC as the motherboard only has a really old connection which i don't have and the graphics card wont work.. I'd have to put the old one back in to get it working again.

anyone any ideas ?
    Uninstall drivers and download them straight from the AMD website.

Which PC are you talking about ? The new one ?

Just so people know
    One PC is XP - New PC is Win 7

I've the new card back in the new PC, and put the old one back in the old PC.

I don't really care about the old PC. I know the card is working now.. But stopped working after the drivers where installed.

How do I uninstall the drivers in Win 7 ? Normally you'd go into the device in device manager and uninstall.. But the device doesn't show up

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm confused. What have you got the monitor cable connected to? The motherboard or the graphics card?

On my new PC it's on the motherboard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

On my new PC it's on the motherboard.

And to be clear when you hook it up to your card you get no signal whatsoever?

Advertisement