Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build. Graphics cards doesn't appear to be working

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

And to be clear when you hook it up to your card you get no signal whatsoever?

yes this is correct.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Who the flip recommended you the asrock Z68 series? There's a known issue with all those asrock series boards. The PCIe controller has bad capacitors in it. Most 99% of people with your issue had to RMA their board.

here the rec:
    Serephucus wrote: »
    Oh my bad, you also have a H61 board. You'll need P67, Z68 Z75 (I think), or Z77 if you want OCing support.

This is the best bang-for-the-buck one going at the moment:

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=52888&agid=1601

Also what does RMA mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Who the flip recommended you the asrock Z68 series?

Pretty much everyone here, before Z77 came around? :pac:

So I should contact HWVS and asked to send it back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

NeVeR wrote: »
    So I should contact HWVS and asked to send it back ?

Yes do, it sounds a lot like a faulty GPU, especially since it worked therm all of a sudden didn't on the other machine

BUT

It may just be a firmware problem, that the up to date drivers are ****

i was reading this post here. http://forums.tweaktown.com/video-cards/47969-2-video-cards-not-detected-asrock-z68-extreme4-gen3.html

reading number 5 it got me thinking that i might not have plugged a needed lead in.

I've taken some photos ( sorry for bad photos lol ) attached.

I know the red leads for normally for powering GPU's but my card has none.. does that little head lead go into the board ?

If you can see the board should I have anything else plugged in that the PCI - E needs to fully work ?

thanks.

Post 18 on this page suggests a motherbaord reset .. should I try it ?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/45063-asrock-z68-pro3-pci-e-2.html
    Will this mess up anything else ?

Something i just noticed.. Not sure why i didnt see it before.

When have one of the monitors plugged out you get that thing on the screen saying no signal.. check your connection.. When i plug it into the graphics card it goes. There screen is still blank.. but it is detecting it.

Does this mean anything new ?

Reset the CMOS.

When it boots I get options to press F1 F2 or del and F11 only problem is the keyword won't work !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

NeVeR wrote: »
    Reset the CMOS.

When it boots I get options to press F1 F2 or del and F11 only problem is the keyword won't work !!!!
    make sure your keyboard is plugged into the USB2 port not 3.

I tried all ports. Just in Argos getting ps2 keyboard

got the keyboard and it worked..

But resetting the cmos didn't make my graphic card work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If your GPU doesnt require the extra power then no, those leads go nowhere. Can you post pics of the bios settings?

If your GPU doesnt require the extra power then no, those leads go nowhere. Can you post pics of the bios settings?

which screens ? There a good few ? I'll just take a few and see if they are right.

Advertisement