Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming?

• 01-05-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hey girls,

Just back from the gym - where in a moment or relaxing in the jacuzzi I had a scary thought - can swimming / baths / jacuzzi wash away you CM?

I am CD16 (I normally get a positive OPK around CD 18-19) so we are DTD tonight ;) - but could this have reduced it? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

I doubt it as it is internal, however jacuzzis and very hot baths are a no-no in pregnancy so it might be an idea to avoid them during the 2ww.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

hey there i tend not to use jacuzzis at least since my last pregnancy..they are breading grounds for bacteria or so my doc in usa said when I was pregnant,since then I have never used one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

That's a good point Meggsmam :)

So i'll be sticking to the steam room to unwind

Iguana - is the CM the sperm initially survives in not more external - as in just around the next of the cervix? I could be wrong - I just had this funny thought it would wash it all away :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

The exercise swimming gives you is likely to be far more beneficial than not since it helps you relax which will help you conceive. I imagine since it's something you produce, it's an ongoing process for the few days. Maybe stay clear of the jacuzzi though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

stickybean wrote: »
    Iguana - is the CM the sperm initially survives in not more external - as in just around the next of the cervix? I could be wrong - I just had this funny thought it would wash it all away :)

The neck of the cervix is right in at the back of your vaginal canal. There is no way you'd wash the CM away unless you were douching.

• Advertisement
Advertisement