Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Micra CVT wont move in D

• 01-05-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi All,

I recently bought an Automatic Nissan Micra and it was stiff to get into gear, so I got the powder clutch replaced and it worked perfectly for the guy who tested it after he repaired it. When my mechanic put the gearbox back in, oil went into it and it went into D perfectly (as far as I know) but it won't move??

Anyone know what the heck the problem is? I have had no car for three weeks now and I'm at my wits end with it! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Unlike many auto boxes, you can't just remove and refit the gearbox leaving the torque converter in place. If he didn't follow the proper fitting procedure then you will have no drive and the torque converter is likely damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭onzlo

I thought this didn't have a torque converter since it had a powder clutch?

Is it a K11 or K12?

K11, 1999, Sorry My bad, should have said earlier

Ah right, well it still has to be fitted correctly so the input shaft mates correctly to the electro clutch.

The clutch brushes could also be worn. Is it a new electro clutch you had fitted or second hand?

• Advertisement

It was my own one, reconditioned with new powder and I presume new brushes

Advertisement