Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change from Vodafone to UTV Broadband

• 01-05-2012 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Being fed up with VF I changed to UTV bb connection as they promised 24MB uncongested connection in Louth - I am using VF Huawei modem HG556a. The UTV connection seems to vary between 5-8MB down and around 1MB up. I would expect to get around 14-16MB connection :( any idea is it my modem that does not allow me to get faster connection? The UTV tech service is even worse than VF :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Being fed up with VF I changed to UTV bb connection as they promised 24MB uncongested connection in Louth - I am using VF Huawei modem HG556a. The UTV connection seems to vary between 5-8MB down and around 1MB up. I would expect to get around 14-16MB connection :( any idea is it my modem that does not allow me to get faster connection? The UTV tech service is even worse than VF :mad:

Out of the frying pan into the fire.

What is your modem synching at. Not sure why anyone would go from vodafone to UTV. UTV are even more hopeless... more expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Changed in despair - I have since cancelled UTV - looking for the next best one now :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Have you tried talking to the Vodafone Rep on boards.ie?

I did and got my connection upped from 3mb to 5mb while being told all along by Eircom 3 is the max my line can take.
    I investigated the line stats myself and while I am a good distance from the exchange my line quality is excellent so will hold a faster connection.

I have a post on the talk to vodafone thread about it.
    Drop Dwayne a line on vodafone. I found the customer service to be superb once you get onto the correct person. I wont be leaving them for a while with service like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Changed back to VF - connection is stable again :D UTV was an absolute disaster and the service the unfriendliest I have come across in long time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Changed back to VF - connection is stable again :D UTV was an absolute disaster and the service the unfriendliest I have come across in long time.

UTV went from one of the best a few years ago for price and service to one of the worst at both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

whiterebel wrote: »
    UTV went from one of the best a few years ago for price and service to one of the worst at both.

This sums up my experience of UTV as well. Customer service is non-existent. Cancelling with them was also a nightmare for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭leex

I want to move from UTV to Vodafone also. Tried last year but my phone calls moved and broadband didn't as I didn't give them 30 days notice. Any advice on the transfer process so that I am not without broadband for a period of time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

More or less the same thing happened to me (they cancelled the broadband but not the calls). I followed UTV's cancellation requirements and still ended up being charged for an extra month broadband (which they never refunded to me) and also incurred extra line rental charges to Eircom because UTV didn't cancel the calls when requested. Effectively I couldn't cancel the line rental with Eircom until UTV cancelled the calls first.

One other thing people should consider when signing up to UTV is that they operate outside the Irish jurisdiction and in the event of a dispute with them you have to follow the European Small Claims Procedure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Considering changing from Digiweb to UTV.

On 3mb with DW at the moment but the download speeds are typically around 300kbps max.

UTV are doing 7/8mb for 8 euro cheaper. Seems better value wise. Is it worth going for? Eircom are really the only other option and they do 8mb for the same price as DW do 3mb.

Advertisement