Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! overgrown back garden in the bog

Options
  • 01-05-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, looking for advice on what to do with a neglected garden in Offaly. An elderly relation has asked me to clean it up, so the budget is very limited, although i do have access to machinery. The soil is mostly peat and and the garden is approx 30 metres x 50 metres surrounded by 40ft llyandi trees (which have to stay).The area is covered in weeds and various overgrown bushes. Drainage is also very poor. I've never done anything with soil like this so any suggestions greatly appreciated. Also a site up the road has a stockpile of topsoil i may be able to import cheaply if it would make life easier to cover the whole area and grass it. Can that be done?

Advertisement