Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone won't tell me where my credit is going!

• 01-05-2012 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

This s ridiculous, I changed to Vodafone recently because I got a phone from my dad that was locked to that Network. When I was on Meteor and 02 I could view my sms and call history online but now that I'm on Vodafone and 20 euro credit goes every two days I was curious to find out where it was going. I rang to find out and I have to send a letter and 6.50 euro to head office and wait to get a copy back, like WTF?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

nrsire wrote: »
    This s ridiculous, I changed to Vodafone recently because I got a phone from my dad that was locked to that Network. When I was on Meteor and 02 I could view my sms and call history online but now that I'm on Vodafone and 20 euro credit goes every two days I was curious to find out where it was going. I rang to find out and I have to send a letter and 6.50 euro to head office and wait to get a copy back, like WTF?
    Are you recieving any texts or mms messages or any other messages from 5 digit numbers?

You need to get back on to Vodafone and make a "formal complaint"(you must use the term Formal complaint!) by email and copy the email to ComReg.

I had a similar issue with Meteor a number of years ago when roughly twice a week €2 would just vanish from my credit and they could not explain where it was going or how it was happening, iirc it had something to do with internet charges when I was sending mms messages but I suspect it was some premium rate service which had latched onto the number somehow and was taking credit without even sending any messages in return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

why would you be on pay as you go with that type of ueage?

Three have an online offer with about 5 decent smart phones - all phones are free and the monthy cost is 30.50 a month to include ALL calls & ALL data. No restrictions - you can even call UK numbers.

Possibly if you are a student, you may need your dad to do the paperwork - be he'd be happy to know that the MAX cost is 30.50 a month and won't get any bill surprises - and you can surf & talk away to your hearts content!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

sandin wrote: »

Three have an online offer with about 5 decent smart phones - all phones are free and the monthy cost is 30.50 a month to include ALL calls & ALL data. No restrictions - you can even call UK numbers.

Possibly if you are a student, you may need your dad to do the paperwork - be he'd be happy to know that the MAX cost is 30.50 a month and won't get any bill surprises - and you can surf & talk away to your hearts content!

You get 350 flexi-units which is UPTO 350 minutes or UP TO 700 texts or a combination of the two. It is certainly not all calls included as you suggest.

@OP: do you use mobile data?
    What phone do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭lau1247

OP, I would advise you to post on the vodafone section on boards, you should get a better response and also the rep should sort it out for you in a day or two..

At one stage I got credit taken off when I first started to use my iPhone 4S.. I posted a threads, the rep asked for PM with personal details.. the rep helped me tracked it down to internet usage over 3G..

Give them a try.. good luck

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

If you don't get a satisfactory resolution within an acceptable amount of time, then vote with your feet OP. There are 3 other providers to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 nrsire

sandin wrote: »

Hey yeah I'm going with Three and getting the iphone 4S, 40 euro a month contract for 18 month contract, free phone with 150 euro deposit that you get back in six months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I rang them up and went through it over the phone, was quoted the 6.50 thing for posting it out, figured out they had said I used the IOU service when I have never used it and credited my account back in minutes.

Advertisement