Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Engagement Ring

Options
  • 01-05-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

On Saturday evening of the weekend just passed (28th April), I lost my engagement ring, see photo attached, outside the Townhouse bar/Cobwebs near Jury's Galway at approx 8pm.

I got out of a car and walked across the road to the Thai Garden where I was meeting some friends for dinner. My friends and I check the whole street inch by inch for my ring but unfortunately there was no sign of it. Obviously that is a busy drop off and taxi area so many people would have been there through out the evening. Needless to say we have turned our car inside out too and it definatey is not in the car!! I am absolutely devastated that I have lost my ring. I am due to get married this summer.

As you can see in the attached photo, my ring is quite unusual and more expensive than the average engagement ring. The centre stone is set with 3 baguettes and two diamonds in the shoulder on either side.

A generous reward is offered to anybody who can help me get my ring back.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

You should show that photo around those cash for gold places, they may see it, hope you find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scandy

We've mailed all jewellers around town who in fairness replied and said they'd keep an eye out for it. Placed an ad in this week’s Advertiser (page 2!), got a good few retweets..........basically everything we can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭ChocolateChip

scandy wrote: »
    On Saturday evening of the weekend just passed (28th April), I lost my engagement ring, see photo attached, outside the Townhouse bar/Cobwebs near Jury's Galway at approx 8pm.

I got out of a car and walked across the road to the Thai Garden where I was meeting some friends for dinner. My friends and I check the whole street inch by inch for my ring but unfortunately there was no sign of it. Obviously that is a busy drop off and taxi area so many people would have been there through out the evening. Needless to say we have turned our car inside out too and it definatey is not in the car!! I am absolutely devastated that I have lost my ring. I am due to get married this summer.

As you can see in the attached photo, my ring is quite unusual and more expensive than the average engagement ring. The centre stone is set with 3 baguettes and two diamonds in the shoulder on either side.

A generous reward is offered to anybody who can help me get my ring back.

Keep looking, if I'm in the area I'll keep a peeled eye out for it! Have you checked the local shops? Mill Street?

You still have your fiancé, so it's always helpful to put things into perspective in cases like this, even though it must be incredibly disappointing and stressful for you at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

just a thought, could the ring have gotten caught in a tyre of a passing vehicle for a short distance? i know the council sweep regularly but it might be worth checking the sides of the streets leading away from the Parade, like Flood St, around by the house hotel, out the bridge towards Raven Terrace. definitely a long shot but... best of luck

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement