Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free fees for irish people in scottish universities...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the gf did her nursing degree in abertay uni, dundee. we didn't pay fees. i know of many others from ireland who did the same, some got grants from ireland too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Yeah we don't have to pay fees over there unless they've changed it recently. The registration costs up to around £2,000 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

That's not news for us in the republic really, just a bit of ambiguity around NI students it seems. But yeah, free for us, that's why I applied to Scotland and not England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Any engineers I know travel to Scotland to train, they've been back and forth since 07, even with flights and accommodation it's cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Yeah the the fees are free for rep Ireland . I would've applied to a uni there but I only liked thr courses in the English unis which I looked at applied there even though the fees aren't free.Scotland looks really nice though .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cyber veg

thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭work.inprocess

Yeah they changed the rules last year, my friends thought they were going to get stung by it, it's free fees for Non-English EU Nationals so having Irish nationality exempts you from paying fees in Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

I applied for UoAb this year and I know for definite that there is absolutely no fees. If you're irish, you don't even have to pay the 2-3k registration fee :)

Its absolutely free with an irish pasport, just don't take dual citizenship or you'll be paying reg fees every year :)

Togepi wrote: »
    Yeah we don't have to pay fees over there unless they've changed it recently. The registration costs up to around £2,000 though.

No reg fee for irish starting this year :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement