Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joel Goldsmith passes away

• 01-05-2012 11:11pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Longtime Stargate SG-1 composer Joel Goldsmith dies at 54 -
    "The composer responsible for setting the mood for much of the Stargate franchise, Joel Goldsmith, has passed away at the age of 54. Goldsmith worked on Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe, scoring a total of 334 episodes during his sci-fi career."
    link to http://blastr.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

RIP Joel Goldsmith

Stargate wouldn't have been the same without him. I actually loved the music used in Stargate. It always set the scene perfectly if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Wow very young, RIP :(

Did he write the main intro & outro themes to SG-1? Always loved those!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sad to hear. Seems he also did the score for CoD3.

No cause of death has been released, but I think he had been battling cancer for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

EnterNow wrote: »
    Wow very young, RIP :(

Did he write the main intro & outro themes to SG-1? Always loved those!

I think he did, he adapted it from the Movie score if I recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

He didn't do the SG-1 Intro if I recall correctly, that was done by the Stargate Movie Composer.

Rest in Peace, I'll be humming those tunes for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement