Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland gets Xbox Live Rewards

Options
  • 01-05-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread already so said I'd start one. Not sure do you really gain anything but a few free ms points never hurt!

Saw it on the Xbox page of Facebook so I have no link :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

From Twitter

Xbox ‏ @Xbox

You asked, we listened: Ireland is the latest country to be added to Xbox LIVE Rewards! Where should be added next? http://rewards.xbox.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

paddyk wrote: »
    From Twitter

Xbox ‏ @Xbox

You asked, we listened: Ireland is the latest country to be added to Xbox LIVE Rewards! Where should be added next? http://rewards.xbox.com/

Will it's long over due I wish they would give us the rest of what the uk have and we don't but still pay the same gold cost for like indie games, last fm and rock band network :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

calex71 wrote: »
    Will it's long over due I wish they would give us the rest of what the uk have and we don't but still pay the same gold cost for like indie games, last fm and rock band network :(
    It could be worse, you could be living in the UK but with the limitations of an Irish account due to their godawful accounts system. :(

Yay for Rewards! Now, access to the Indie Store please!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What exactly is this Rewards craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

deathrider wrote: »
    What exactly is this Rewards craic?
    Do predefined stuff set by MS -> Get free MS points.

Ongoing rewards include:
    • Complete a monthly survey - 20 Microsoft Points
    • Renew 1 month Gold membership - 10 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER
    • Renew 3 month Gold membership - 30 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER
    • Activate or renew Gold for the first time ever - 100 Microsoft Points
    • Renew 12 month Gold membership - 200 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER
    • Renew or upgrade to Xbox Family Gold membership - 400 Microsoft Points
    • Make your first marketplace purchase ever - 100 Microsoft Points
    • Activate Netflix for the first time ever - 100 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER
    • Refer-a-Friend and get 100 points for every friend who upgrades to Gold - 100 Microsoft Points for both you & your friend (referral link)

And the FAQ is here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

gizmo wrote: »
    • Renew 12 month Gold membership - 200 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER

Sweet, my subscription is up for renewal in the next few days, nice little bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

About time. Unfortunately I just put something like 15 months on my account so I might not get much out it.

I notice that we're still not eligible for the sweepstakes - http://rewards.xbox.com/rush-for-gold/official-rules/

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

gizmo wrote: »
    Do predefined stuff set by MS -> Get free MS points.

Ongoing rewards include:
    • Complete a monthly survey - 20 Microsoft Points
    • Renew 1 month Gold membership - 10 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER
    • Renew 3 month Gold membership - 30 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER
    • Activate or renew Gold for the first time ever - 100 Microsoft Points
    • Renew or upgrade to Xbox Family Gold membership - 400 Microsoft Points
    • Make your first marketplace purchase ever - 100 Microsoft Points
    • Activate Netflix for the first time ever - 100 Microsoft Points - MUST BE LIVE GOLD MEMBER
    • Refer-a-Friend and get 100 points for every friend who upgrades to Gold - 100 Microsoft Points for both you & your friend (referral link)

And the FAQ is here.

anyone know what happens if for example we already use netflix, do we still get that bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

anyone know what happens if for example we already use netflix, do we still get that bonus?

I don't think so, from the faq;
    Can I earn points for transactions taken prior to signing up for Xbox LIVE Rewards?
    A. You can only earn Rewards Points once you are an Xbox LIVE Rewards member. After signing up and being confirmed of your eligibility, we will begin tracking your activity and rewarding you for things like renewing your Gold membership, subscribing to and using Netflix, or giving us feedback on Xbox LIVE. For full details on the Rewards available, please see the Terms and Conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What date does all this come into effect? Have 12 months live waiting to be activated!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Probably not, but what you can do is let your NetFlix account expire and set up another one with a month's free trial (using a different e-mail address, and probably credit card) and then activate that account.

... Just thinking out loud, not sure if this would actually work.

What date does all this come into effect? Have 12 months live waiting to be activated!! ;)
    It's live now but your account takes 36 hours to process once you register so I'd wait till after that has passed before activating your gold ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It's live now but your account takes 36 hours to process once you register so I'd wait till after that has passed before activating your gold ;)
    is it only new accounts get all extras then or all xbl users?

is it only new accounts get all extras then or all xbl users?

Existing users get it too that register via http://rewards.xbox.com/ , all you do is enter your xbl email and password, tick a box and you're good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

When the rewards system was released in the US i remember reading that you will get the 'first time ever' reward points for the first time you do whatever after you sign up and have your account processed for rewards.

Not sure if that will be the same here. I hope so, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Tango One

Just got this in an email.
    It's time to be recognised for all you do on Xbox LIVE®. That's what Xbox LIVE Rewards is all about. It lets you earn Microsoft® Points for having fun on Xbox LIVE, like renewing your Xbox LIVE Gold membership, spending on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, watching films, giving us feedback, and participating in exclusive offers. spacer.gif It's easy and quick to join. Best of all, it's free. We'll even get you started with 20 Microsoft Points just for signing up by 31 May 2012.* PLUS, if you're one of the first 10,000 people in Ireland to join, we'll give you a free 1-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership. That's a €6.99 value. So what are you waiting for? This offer can't get any sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

There's a survey you can do now for 20 MS points, there's like 5 questions or something, nice quick one.

Just a quick note - XBox Live rewards pay out your Microsoft Points after you have earned 100 Rewards points (e.g. answered 5 monthly surveys, or whatever to earn 100 rewards points). The Microsoft Points are paid out at the end of the next month (in multiples of 100).

You don't get 20 Microsoft Points immediately on your XBox live account for completing the survey.

e.g. If you filled in a survey and signed up to 12 months of Gold this month, you would have earned 220 rewards points. At the end of the month you would get 200 Microsoft points added to your XBox Live account, and there will be 20 'reward' points left in your rewards account.
    Answering next month's survey adds another 20 reward points, bringing the total to 40. If you do nothing else that month, you get no MS points and the rewards total carries over again. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Bamboonub

Got an email advertising this and the first 10000 people from Ireland to sign up to this service would receive 1 month free of gold membership...

Anyone get their free month yet? I signed up the same day the email was sent out!

Bamboonub wrote: »
    Got an email advertising this and the first 10000 people from Ireland to sign up to this service would receive 1 month free of gold membership...

Anyone get their free month yet? I signed up the same day the email was sent out!

I signed up for it hours before i got the email and nothing yet.

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    I signed up for it hours before i got the email and nothing yet.

I just was reading an article about these promotions and it'll more likely take Microsoft up to 6 weeks before they send out any 1 month codes...

Bamboonub wrote: »

From the FAQ on the Rewards site:
    Q: I live in Ireland and joined Xbox LIVE Rewards between 1 May 2012 and 31 May 2012. When will I receive my Reward?
    A. If you joined Xbox LIVE Rewards on or before 31 May 2012, your 20 Microsoft Points will be deposited into your Xbox LIVE account by 15 June 2012. They will not show up as Pending as soon as you join. The 1-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership will be fulfilled via email by 15 June 2012 to the first 10,000 members in Ireland who signed up. Be sure to check the email address tied to your Gamertag (where you receive your monthly Xbox LIVE Rewards Statement Emails – you can check this at http://billing.microsoft.com) and add XboxLIVERewards@eprizefulfillment.com to your safe sender list to ensure you receive your code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Seems pretty stingy compared to Nintendo stars to be honest.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Seems pretty stingy compared to Nintendo stars to be honest.

Got a few bits from that myself, like a big mario mug and a key ring. Best thing about that was you could earn stars from buying certain games, it actually felt like a rewards scheme proper didn't it.

From the FAQ on the Rewards site:

Cheers for that mate, Just in time for the summer holidays! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Stupify

So when I joined there earlier this month I did the survey thing.

Should I now have 40 points pending because I signed up before May 31st?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Thought I would upgrade my memebership to the family package
    Renew or upgrade to Xbox Family Gold membership - 400 Microsoft Points

But it still does not seem to be availbe in Ireland even though its on the Xbox rewards site.

BUMP

To remind folks that theres a new survey.

calex71 wrote: »
    BUMP

To remind folks that theres a new survey.

First question:
    How satisfied are you with the Xbox LIVE Rewards programme?

Boo! No atari jaguar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

I finally got my free 1 month from this today in an email

Advertisement