Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland gets Xbox Live Rewards

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Support is saying that this list is valid for the UK :
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Live/partners

So, making it an Irish link you get :
    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/Live/partners

So that's what I'd be using to ensure that you get it. For anyone that can't access the link it's:
    Netflix
    Sky
    Youtube
    Dailymotion
    Vevo

Since youtube is on it, you could just find a long video or a massive playlist and leave it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Wouldnt it suck to have a low usage limit?
    10 hours of standard video is going to take up about 7GB or there abouts.

CMpunked wrote: »

I bet someone is going to end up over their usage and end up spending a fortune to get the 100 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

CMpunked wrote: »

Amen for unlimited usage :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Orim wrote: »
    I bet someone is going to end up over their usage and end up spending a fortune to get the 100 points.
    Not to mention rack up a fair few quid on the electricity bill also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It only says sports apps?

What is the September Featured Marketplace Offer?
    A. During the month of September, use any sports app for 10 hours or more and earn 100 Microsoft Points. App must be used between September 1, 2012 and September 30, 2012. To check if an item qualifies for this offer, please make a new post in our support forums.
    Who is eligible for the offer?
    A. All Xbox LIVE Rewards members are eligible for the offer. Xbox LIVE Rewards members are only eligible to receive this Reward once during the month of September 2012.
    When will I receive my 100 Microsoft Points?
    A. All app activity will be calculated at the end of September. Points will be deposited to your Xbox LIVE account by October 15, 2012.
    I used more than one sports app and my time adds up to 10 hours. Does that count?
    A. Yes, as long as you used eligible sports apps between September 1 and September 30 and they total up to at least 10 hours.

That's for Americans. When you're on the page check the region at the bottom. If you set it to Ireland you get:

During the month of September, use any single sports or entertainment apps for 10 hours or more and earn 100 Microsoft Points. Apps must be used between 1 September 2012 5:00 UTC and 30 September 2012 3:59 UTC. To check if an item qualifies for this offer, please make a new post in our support forums.

You can now get rewards based on gamerscore.

3000GS and you get a "prize" on your birthday.

10000GS and you get the prize and 1% rebate on any purchases.

25000GS and you get the prize and 2% rebate on any purchases.

Not much but can really complain about something that's free.

Dunno if you have to but it's probably worth logging in to unlock the system.
    http://rewards.xbox.com/myachievements/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xbox LIVE Rewards Now Rewarding You GamerScore

Source: True Achievements. Just checked my rewards page, no Achievements tab, but hopefully Ireland will get it at some stage.

Here is the article anyways:

Rewards program also extended to new regions

Written by Matrarch today at 14:36

When last we spoke to you about the Xbox LIVE Rewards program, it was to let you know that Microsoft teased the concept that they may begin giving rewards out based on achievements. As it turns out, this was a little misleading as what they actually intended to reward was GamerScore.

As promised, it's now fall, and the lid has been lifted on the latest way to earn a little something back from Microsoft via the rewards program. As detailed here, there is now a new section on the rewards site called "My Achievements". Here, you can view what rewards you receive for that hard-earned GS of yours.

Keep in mind, TAers, that you likely don't represent the majority of gamers, so don't scoff at the numbers below, just appreciate that you've been in the top tier of this new program for a long time.

The first level is the Contender level. The requirement? That you have 3000G or higher. The reward? A "Special Gift* during your birth month that according to the footnote on the site is worth a whopping 25 cents.

The second level is the Champion level, and requires you to have a GamerScore of 10,000. At this level, you not only get your special birthday gift, but you also receive a "1% rebate on your Xbox LIVE Marketplace purchases every month"

The third, and final, level is the Legend level, which requires you to have a whopping 25,000 or more GamerScore. In additiion to your birthday gift, this tier earns you a 2% rebate on you XBL purchases every month.

Note that for all of the rebates, you must "have and maintain an eligible Xbox LIVE Gold membership and the applicable GamerScore for the appropriate tier by the first of every month in order to be eligible".

In addition to this news, Xbox LIVE Rewards has also expanded its available regions. Now, if you find yourself located in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Spain or Italy, you're eligible to receive these goodies.

For those of you under that 25,000G tier, what are you waiting for? Go play some games and get some rewards!

Thanks to all the community members who sent this one in!

Mr Freeze wrote: »

Source: True Achievements. Just checked my rewards page, no Achievements tab, but hopefully Ireland will get it at some stage.

We do have it. Check the My Xtras section or click the link in my last post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

showing on my page alright, and i have unlocked all the stages straight off lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SpottyWetWang

Got excited as my birthday is October. Then I read this:
    Birthday Gift (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $0.25 USD)

Whats the point? What ever it is I don't think anybody is going to want it.

Whats the point? What ever it is I don't think anybody is going to want it.

It's free :D

I'm actually curious as to what it is. For all we know it could be an awesome game that someone has been working on in their own time hence the low value.

My guess is some kind of birthday avatar prop.

My birthday next month :) so when i get it ill let you know :p

Visited xbox rewards there. Its telling me iv watched 10 hrs of sports channels and gave me 100 msp. I never watched any sports channels :confused:

For europe any entertainment app counts. So it's probably netflix or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SpottyWetWang

Got my birthday gift, 20 ms points. Guess it's better than the nothing they gave me for the last 5/6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Not to forget that you can get 1% back of your purchases if your GamerScore is between 10k and 25k, and 2% if you're over 25k.
    Maybe I should work on my Gamerscore... If it'll make a saving. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bump*

New survey today

In a nice touch you still get the points for renewing if you have multiple subscription cards on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Anyone get points or see points pending on their rewards page for the 1% or 2% Rebates based on Gamerscore???

Nothing on mine anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Anyone get points or see points pending on their rewards page for the 1% or 2% Rebates based on Gamerscore???

Nothing on mine anyways.

Nothing for me either

Bump new survey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

how does the netflix points work? on the page it says you get 100 points for activating netflix. iv used a friends account to use netflix and havnt gotten anything, does it have to be an account registered with the same email as i use for xbox live?
    also has anyone got suggestions for the easiest way of earning points, im about 80 points off having enough for the halo 4 season pass.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    how does the netflix points work? on the page it says you get 100 points for activating netflix. iv used a friends account to use netflix and havnt gotten anything, does it have to be an account registered with the same email as i use for xbox live?
    also has anyone got suggestions for the easiest way of earning points, im about 80 points off having enough for the halo 4 season pass.
    How long ago did you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i tried netflix yesterday morning, im hoping its just taking a while to come through

It does, up to a month at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Meesared wrote: »
    It does, up to a month at times.

Yep, activating a Netflix account reward took 2 months to come through for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

So the site seems to have been given a major facelift, and it features a bit on the Xbox one home screen....I wonder are they planning on enhancing the feature?

Am I reading this right, you can get a 10% rebate as a gold member but you have to spend €150 to go up a star :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'm not sure, it's all gotten very confusing.

I think you start at 1 star and €35 spend gets you another star. I'm at 53% of my next star after spending €18.99 on minecraft, so that would make sense. I think your stars are accumulative so you'd need to spend €140 to get to the 10% rebate level.

Not really all that rewarding. Although I did get a few pinball tables out of the survey points and gold renewal rewards.

Advertisement