Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deli with the best chicken wings

Options
  • 01-05-2012 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

I don't get to go out to restaurants for chicken wings so where is the best Deli/shop for lunchtime chicken wings in the Wexford street area? :D thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Hmm maybe wexford street area is a bit limited, where's the best place in the city centre for them, thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Really? I'd hazard a guess that 90% of the chicken wings in deli's are the exact same frozen brand thus all tasting the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Really? I'd hazard a guess that 90% of the chicken wings in deli's are the exact same frozen brand thus all tasting the same.

Yes that's the problem man. The stationary shop opposite DIT aungier street used to do excellent ones but they stopped getting them in for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

I know its not a deli but... elephant and castle on fleet street, temple bar, do the best chicken wings ever, love them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Rich11 wrote: »
    I know its not a deli but... elephant and castle on fleet street, temple bar, do the best chicken wings ever, love them:D

Not only that it's also nowhere near Wexford St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Rich11

Inbox wrote: »
    I don't get to go out to restaurants for chicken wings so where is the best Deli/shop for lunchtime chicken wings in the Wexford street area? :D thanks.
    Inbox wrote: »
    Hmm maybe wexford street area is a bit limited, where's the best place in the city centre for them, thanks! :D
    AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Not only that it's also nowhere near Wexford St.
    ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

So everybody says..i went in there a while back and the wings were overcooked to buggery..they were stringy,tough and extremely salty.

Surprisingly Eddie Roackets do decent chicken wings and you usually get plenty of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Degsy wrote: »
    So everybody says..i went in there a while back and the wings were overcooked to buggery..they were stringy,tough and extremely salty.

Surprisingly Eddie Roackets do decent chicken wings and you usually get plenty of them.

Eddie are crap in comparison IMO.

Elephant & Castle are the best in Dublin I have had. OP think they do takeaway if you can get there from Wexford street, its not too far especially if you are on a bike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

chris85 wrote: »
    Eddie are crap in comparison IMO.

Elephant & Castle are the best in Dublin I have had. OP think they do takeaway if you can get there from Wexford street, its not too far especially if you are on a bike.

Well myself and my partner both thought the wings were overcooked and far too salty..maybe they were having a bad day but i sure wont be back.

Degsy wrote: »
    Well myself and my partner both thought the wings were overcooked and far too salty..maybe they were having a bad day but i sure wont be back.

Unlike them to be bad. Maybe give them one more. Their burgers and salads are nice also.

Tribeca in Ranelagh also is great. AFAIK its owned by same people as E&C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

chris85 wrote: »
    Unlike them to be bad. Maybe give them one more. Their burgers and salads are nice also.

Tribeca in Ranelagh also is great. AFAIK its owned by same people as E&C

I didn't know that since when.

Hootanany wrote: »
    I didn't know that since when.

Apologies run by ex staff of E&C. Got my info mixed up. The menus are very similar altogether. Tribeca is wonderful. Love the location and the food is superb.

Advertisement