Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for 50 years,

Options
  • 02-05-2012 12:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭

Ok not 50 years ,,

http://jatim.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/super-cry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo&feature=player_embedded

Originally Posted by argosy2006 viewpost.gif

LOL Trying to justify Alex's touch line rant
    Wasn't a foul, Let alone a kick

Hi,
    I got banned for posting in Man u thread last night,
    Humourous posts, Not trying to offend anyone,
    Seems a sensitive time for Man u fans,Considering they lost to Man City, SO big over reactions has led to a ban

I,m not one to go around winding people up,
    Its just banter,

So can my ban be turned into a warning,/
    ?Or even make shorter,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Did you PM the mod who banned you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Did you PM the mod who banned you?

Yes,But i'm pretty sure he's a Man u fan
    Not a very independant view of situation?
    I dunno,
    But i'm not one to wind up or offend, I meant those posts as fun humor banter,
    No arguing of offensive remarks to anyone,
    That's not me,

Even > LOL's < IN post,
    They were meant as fun,

Maybe in hindsight it looked like i was Trolling < See i,m not ever familar with that term,

I Am now,But not what i was doing, Wasn't looking for reactions,,
    Just to be funny, that's all

It was a tough defeat for United,SO not a good time to be funny,
    I get that,

Can you undo ban, Or even reduce it now i explained it

PLus i got infraction, at crazy time in morning 3 am plus,,
    As moderator is in Aussie,

So from his point of view i ignored infractions and posted another post and another,
    Like i was just dismissing his infractions and continuing to post another funny pic,

But i never saw them, had i ,i would have realized not to post humorous posts again

So then i got banned for ignoring infractions i got,

But i never actually got them ,Ouch

What did the Man UTD fan mod say about your ban when you PM'ed them?

What did the Man UTD fan mod say about your ban when you PM'ed them?

IN my Inbox the order in which i recieved the mail regarding this was

1st mail = Warning 5.31 am
    2nd mail= Warning 5.32 am
    3rd mail= banned 5.48 am

He said below

''you were trolling the thread all night. '' I was on there less that 40 mins
    ''you just persisted in posting ridiculous posts in th eUtd thread to wind up the Utd fans.''

Persisted regardless of warnings,, But thats the thing i never saw the warnings, So to Mod i was ignoring him and continuing,so he banned me But no i was fast asleep, i never saw the warnings,

Different time zones to blame, It was 5.31 am here when i got the emails

Can't we just leave it at two warnings. And pretend i did actually see them warnings and not get banned,
    Or ban me for a month,? Or not at all,

Prove that there is some justice on the site, and that we can come to some fair conclusion,

Right

Just getting back to this. You were infracted for 3 different posts. These were all over a couple of hours. You received the infractions at a later time when the mod was online not at the time of your trolling that thread.

From what i can see you did nothing but troll that thread all night. Unfortunately we cannot "pretend" that you were not trolling. In this case the ban stays.

The mod also advised you asked could you use your sisters account to post in soccer. I would not recommend this as it will result in that account being banned also and a site ban for your account

cheers
    D

• Advertisement

Right

Just getting back to this. You were infracted for 3 different posts. These were all over a couple of hours. You received the infractions at a later time when the mod was online not at the time of your trolling that thread.

From what i can see you did nothing but troll that thread all night. Unfortunately we cannot "pretend" that you were not trolling. In this case the ban stays.

The mod also advised you asked could you use your sisters account to post in soccer. I would not recommend this as it will result in that account being banned also and a site ban for your account

cheers
    D

LOL you just admitted you talked to MOd in question,
    That not an independent view, Sorry but that makes it look even more ridiculous,
    That hilarious, :pac:
    I think all the indepenance of this Dispute forum just went out the window, lol

As i assummed it would,
    WOW ,That's real injustice, In cahoots with mod to come to decision ,

I told you the facts didn't i ?
    As i see it the posts were within a 2hour time frame?? take your word on that,, not all night

So i should be warned for the posts as a whole, as i never got a warning in the hour of the posts,

So how would i know i was breaking rules,If i recieved no warning in that 2 hours,

Its bad Moderation, So mod comes along hours later and adds up each post until there is a ban,

When fact is had he given warning i would have knowing not to post another funny pic,

So its unfair, And you're in cahoots with Mod as you admitted,
    SO in fact no independent decision,

LOL You would be laughed out of court in real life, Its comical,

You should have looked at facts independently come to decision, Free from the influence, guidance, or control of anothers

I think you know this ?

Is that not what this forum is for ?

So i heard your side of the story. I obviously had to talk to the mod to get their side. There are 2 sides to every story.

I'm not in cahoots with any mod. I reviewed this independently. If you are not happy with my decision we can have an admin look at this.

D

So i heard your side of the story. I obviously had to talk to the mod to get their side. There are 2 sides to every story.

I'm not in cahoots with any mod. I reviewed this independently. If you are not happy with my decision we can have an admin look at this.

D

It seems unfair, as no offensive behaviour was posted
    Just fun pic to lighten mood of gloom,
    That was my intention, And its all been ignored no matter how i explain,

There is a really attitude of not wanting to give a inch,
    That a mod can never be wrong,

Surely you can see my side, then come to a fairer conclusion,
    I can accept a ban, Not a problem,
    But you won't give a inch , to even reduce it by a week,
    That's issuse,

This dispute forum would look more neutral if other people were listened to
    NOt just the Mod,

Not that i have problem with Mod
    I don't, He's going his job

Now time for you to do yours, But it seems to me you will not listen to me,
    And i explained it honestly,

What more can i do,

I am doing my job. I have reviewed your case. I am upholding the mods decision. Not every DRP means you automatically get your ban overturned.

You are around soccer long enough now and should have known this wasnt acceptable.

As stated the ban stays.

rich-kid.jpg

PM Sent lol

• Advertisement

Why is my ban so long compared to another guy who got banned recently
    for insulting and abusive posts in soccer forum, He got one week ban

I got 3 months for a funny pic?

You can't tell me i,m not been railroaded, And its not professional,

He got a tiny ban for a far worse incident,

How can that be explained,
    Fact is it can't , Think you know this in all fairness,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

given the fact that you've decided to post pics in the DRP thread I think we can safely say that this appeal has overstayed its welcome. Next time, if you want your appeal to be taken seriously, please show some level of respect to the cmod giving up their time to respond to you politely.

You had the option to have an admin review this issue but my opinion is that you've wasted that opportunity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement