Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual Lightbulbs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

My apartment was fitted with light fittings for these bulbs: Sylvania 18W LYNX-DE 840 4Pin
    http://www.easy-lightbulbs.com/light-bulbs/push-in-compact-fluorescent/plc/4-pin/plc184p-83-sy/

Does anyone know why? Should they be more efficient?
    Also no shops seem to sell them and online there is a big delivery charge for small orders. Where should I be looking?

Tried: B&Q, Homebase, All supermarkets, Argos

they are more often used in lifts and office blocks......go to and electrical shop......yes, they do last quite a while....but are mainly used where the lights are on 24/7.....as i have seen....make sure you get pure white for an apartment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

they are more often used in lifts and office blocks......go to and electrical shop......yes, they do last quite a while....but are mainly used where the lights are on 24/7.....as i have seen....make sure you get pure white for an apartment.....

15,000 hours are an average life....warm white..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I thought electrical shops would be expensive. I don't know of any in the area but I'll have a look around, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bigjohn66

Not sure where you are but you could use to find an electrical wholesale shop near you.
    http://www.aew.ie/members.php?current=4

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

cost approx 7.00 euro
    18 watt double biax, 4 pin, colour 840 which is cool white.
    if your looking for a more softer colour go for the colour 827 or 830.
    there closer to incandesant then the 840.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

cost approx 7.00 euro
    18 watt double biax, 4 pin, colour 840 which is cool white.
    if your looking for a more softer colour go for the colour 827 or 830.
    there closer to incandesant then the 840.

Cheers for that. Online wasn't much dearer so may as well order online.

Advertisement