Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible videogame movies

Options
  • 02-05-2012 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭

We all know by now the movie industry and the videogame industry dont mix , AT ALL , but thats not to say they have not tried , think it all started back in the day on the sega cd with it crap movie rendering /game crap, then movies wanted to make movies from videogames , just for funzies i like to hear peoples all time worst videogame movie they have seen or experiences when watching them. so lets get started

House of the dead: probably the only thing the movie and the videogame share in common is that they both have zombies , crappy acting , terrible cast cept for my beloved erica durance but this movie deserves to be buried and never see the light of day.

Hitman: started off ok but took a you turn and making agent 47 care for some women , story made as much sense as the third matrix and so many moments made me cringe at this terrible movie.

Mortal Kombat 2: Annihilation
    ...Yeah:(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't know what the **** they were thinking when they made this:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The Alone In The Dark film isn't just the worse video game adaption ever, or the worse film ever, it's the worst thing ever.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Behold the greatest scene in film history....nah history itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Street Fighter the Movie is a misunderstood classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Azza wrote: »

i was hoping no one involve street fighter , i like that film :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

most of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

The Resident Evil movies are dire, each one more horrifying than the last. The first was at least tolerable, then it just became a mish-mash of stupid scenarios and cramming in as many characters in as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Tekken.
    it has to be the worst piece of bile ive ever suffered through.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

NTMK wrote: »
    Tekken.
    it has to be the worst piece of bile ive ever suffered through.

Tekken is a f^&king masterpiece compared to some of the other fighting game movies. At very least it looks like a competently shot film

Don't believe me?

StreetFighter: The Legend of Chun Li
    Dead or Alive

and the motherload, perhaps one of the worst films I have ever had te mispleasure of sitting through, King of Fighters.

I'm getting angry thinking of it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Didn't think Hitman was so bad. Nothing like the game, never could have been, but not the worst movie. Kinda liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Tekken is a f^&king masterpiece compared to some of the other fighting game movies. At very least it looks like a competently shot film

Don't believe me?

Dead or Alive

and the motherload, perhaps one of the worst films I have ever had te mispleasure of sitting through, King of Fighters.

I'm getting angry thinking of it now.

oh god i forgot about DOA what a **** film
    i never have or will ever want to see another SF film and i can only imagine the horror of how bad KOF is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Azza wrote: »

I'll see your Street Fighter, and raise you one Legend Of Chun-Li

It's just that bad!

On a side note, I have House Of The Dead on DVD. It was so awful that I simply had to have it in my collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Far Cry

...genuinely one of the worst movies I've seen, and I've seen Hitman & Max Payne

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmmm, I liked Hitman, and that's speaking as someone who's a big fan of the game. Sure it took liberties with Agent 47's backstory and motivations, but I thought the tone of the film was roughly correct & got the feel of it all right. Was an average enough film all told, which is better than most game adaptations could achieve.

I'd like to think that Gore Vibinski's, R-rated, multi-million adpataton of Bioshock would have been the greatest video game movie, but we'll never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No mention of Doom yet? :pac:

Although tbh Ive seen worse.
    All that science crap was pointless though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Super Mario Brothers, Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The first PC in our house came bundled with Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom.. I've always wanted to see this, knowing full well it's probably awful. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I tried to watch Doom recently, what a load of crap that was.

I can't think of any even semi-decent game movies, but there's some amount of crap...

Doom
    Hitman
    Silent Hill
    Street Fighter
    Mortal Kombat (uggggh thinking of it puts that awful theme song in my head, gives me the shivers)
    Alone in the Dark
    Tomb Raiders

Are there any good ones?! I suppose the Resident Evil films aren't bad compared to the other rubbish that's been made

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked Resi Evil, Silent Hill, Mortal Kombat and Final Fantasy Spirits Within. Though out of those, I've only played MK and the first Resi Evil.

Isn't Uwe Boll the main guy for bad movies. Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Bloodrayne, Postal, Dungeon Siege, Metroid.

I know the last one isn't true, thankfully but it was rumoured to star Jessica Simpson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Resident Evil is actually a good movie in its own right, and a decent video game movie as far as they tend to go, but the sequels drag it downhill, the latest one actually bears no resemblance to the game apart from a few token characters.

Wing Commander is watchable but not great, the effects were decent though.

I thought Silent Hill was pretty decent! Really enjoyed it.

Postal was actually good too - it was just SO like the game, that without having played Postal and Postal 2, a lot of it would be mistaken for terrible direction.

Resident Evil: Degeneration was also alright.

Red Faction was respectable, and House of the Dead 2 was a step above the original - not that that'd be particularly hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

What games do you think would make great movies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

maximoose wrote: »
    What games do you think would make great movies?

Red Dead Redemption
    Max Payne 1 (with the original soundtrack as a score)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Final Fantasy is decent.

Super Mario Brothers is a guilty pleasure. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't Uwe Boll the main guy for bad movies. Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Bloodrayne, Postal, Dungeon Siege, Metroid.

That guy, i have no idea where he gets funded from but the list of atrocities he calls films is enormous, every single one of them are ghastly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Are there any good video game movies? I know Takashi Miike directed an adaptation of Yakuza, so that might be good (sadly his Dead Or Alive movies aren't connected with the games:P)
    That guy, i have no idea where he gets funded from but the list of atrocities he calls films is enormous, every single one of them are ghastly!

I've heard it's something to do with German tax laws - you get tax breaks if you invest in the indigenous film industry or something. But I'd say they probably do make a profit anyhow; after all, they're low budget action movies yet we've all heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I didn't think Tekken was the worst, either. People need to watch Hitman again, it's really not the disaster some people seem to think it is. It's subjective of course, but it seems a lot of people I know anyway, make up their mind about the movie before they watch it.

Uwe Boll movies make Tekken and Hitman look like Aliens and Terminator 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't know what the **** they were thinking when they made this:

Am I the only one who thought this was absolutely brilliant? Great memories of this from my childhood!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Red Dead Redemption
    Max Payne 1 (with the original soundtrack as a score)

Max Payne is on my list to watch, heard it was awful but want to get in the mood for Max Payne 3.

I thought Silent Hill was really good, looking forward to the next one as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I have a 1080p rip of Dead or Alive and I stick it on from time to time, only for 5-10 minutes at a time though

Advertisement