Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible videogame movies

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not really based on a video game, but has anyone seen Videogame High school on netflix? Its actually enjoyable enough in a lighthearted way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Oh, and I'd love to see a Robocop Vs Terminator game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

To break the trend a bit I finished watching both seasons of the anime Higurashi which is based on a videogame (well a visual novel but I'm counting it as one). It was some of the best TV I've ever watched. Great complex characters and when the mystery all starts coming together in the second season it does so beautifully.

The fanservice filled OVA's though shold be avoided like the plague.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

wasnt .hack//sign based on a video game too?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Can't believe loads of people hated Doom, I thought it was great. Mortal Kombat and the first Resident Evil were also good. As for whoever was mentioning actors for the roles of streets of rage, I think Will Smith would rock as skate, either him of Alfonso Ribeiro

The Silent Hill movie was watchable too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

wasnt .hack//sign based on a video game too?

Pretty sure that was designed as a transmedia venture, with a videogame and anime as part of the project. Not sure I'd call either great.

Halo: Landfall shows what a Halo movie could have been; the director went on to direct District 9, and almost a year was spent in pre-production, which yielding more or less the following results. Gutted that it only ever got that far...

I'm glad he went on to do better things, he would have been wasted on Halo I feel. The universe of Halo just isn't that interesting especially compared to what he did go on to do.

I doubt his heart was in it either, I read a recent interview with him when he was quizzed on the project and he said he wasn't a fan of the series since he's a member of the PC gaming master race (pretty sure he even said PC gaming master race).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Myself and a mate of mine have between doing reviews of videogame movies on youtube lately. Most of which are bad movies because... Well most of which are bad movies. We get a bit of craic out of them though.

Street Fighter is an underappreciated comic masterpiece.

It's just great to laugh at Van Damme. Everyone in the film knows it's rubbish and are playing it up, everyone except Van Damme. He's just taking it so seriously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I loved street fighter :D

I see they are going releasing an Angry Birds film........ it just gets worse and worse :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭trickymicky

Red Dead Redemption
    Max Payne 1 (with the original soundtrack as a score)

I think red dead redemption would make a better tv series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Anyone think a Metal Gear Solid movie could work? I think it could be great if done right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's been in development for about 5 years I think

Actually here we go:
    On August 30, 2012, the movie was revealed to be back in production, and it was also revealed that Avi Arad will be producing the film. The movie will be a collaboration between Kojima Productions and Columbia Pictures.[5] Kojima personally expressed that actor Hugh Jackman play Solid Snake, although Arad, who has the final say in the film, indicated a desire for a small-time actor to play the role.[6] Likewise, Kojima also implied that he might be involved in writing the script for the film, although this remains to be seen.[7] He also let it slip in a few tweets that he met with J.J. Abrams, who previously worked on Lost, Mission: Impossible 3, and the 2009 Star Trek reboot film, multiple times relating to the film, although the specific position is unknown as was whether he accepted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

maximoose wrote: »
    It's been in development for about 5 years I think

Actually here we go:

That sounds good, JJ Abrams would do a decent job of it. Can't see Hugh Jackman as Snake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's just great to laugh at Van Damme. Everyone in the film knows it's rubbish and are playing it up, everyone except Van Damme. He's just taking it so seriously.

"Calm aat from behind dat curtain, you weezard!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Street Fighter is an underappreciated comic masterpiece.

Advertisement