Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement card

Options
  • 02-05-2012 1:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

I stupidly left my student card on my desk after my exam the other day. Went back about 10 minutes after I left, they checked and couldn't find it. Asked at lost&found but they said noone had handed it up yet.

I'm hoping that whoever found it isn't a complete c*nt and will hand it up. Going to go check before my exam and hopefully they have it. I don't want to get stuck with that 50 f*cking euro fine for not having a card (which is beyond ridiculous), so could I go to the Ucard centre in the library and get a card there before the exam? Anyone know how much the cards are? cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

muffinz wrote: »
    I stupidly left my student card on my desk after my exam the other day. Went back about 10 minutes after I left, they checked and couldn't find it. Asked at lost&found but they said noone had handed it up yet.

I'm hoping that whoever found it isn't a complete c*nt and will hand it up. Going to go check before my exam and hopefully they have it. I don't want to get stuck with that 50 f*cking euro fine for not having a card (which is beyond ridiculous), so could I go to the Ucard centre in the library and get a card there before the exam? Anyone know how much the cards are? cheers!

Can't remember the details, but I heard somewhere that there would be replacement ucard printing at the rds at a reduced rate.

The ucard office will be able to tell you for sure. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

there is no printing facility for students cards in the rds. the only way to get a replacement card is from the UCard Bureau in the James Joyce Library, Newman Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Hey, don't forget to hotlist your card on the SIS account so that anyone who has taken it cannot use your funds/get into the library. When you get it back, you can un-hotlist it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 OmegaRed10

wonderworm wrote: »
    there is no printing facility for students cards in the rds. the only way to get a replacement card is from the UCard Bureau in the James Joyce Library, Newman Building.

Different buildings brah. Its in the Library building

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Thanks for the info. So if i hotlist my card now (I checked, no books taken and card hasnt been used), and then i find it in the lost&found area, can i still use it for my exam and then un-hotlist it after the exam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Thanks for the info. So if i hotlist my card now (I checked, no books taken and card hasnt been used), and then i find it in the lost&found area, can i still use it for my exam and then un-hotlist it after the exam?

Yeah. Hot listing it is only relevant for using the card for the library etc. when you have to scan it. For the exams invigilators use it to ensure you are who you say you are and are a UCD student, so hot listing it wont impact that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Anyone know how long it takes for them to make a replacement card? Im going to the RDS 2 hours early tomorrow just to check if they have my card, but if they dont im going to run to get a new one on campus. any idea of the cost and time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Anyone know how long it takes for them to make a replacement card? Im going to the RDS 2 hours early tomorrow just to check if they have my card, but if they dont im going to run to get a new one on campus. any idea of the cost and time?

Probably about 2 minutes to make it.

Advertisement