Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P5N-E SLI & budget graphics cards?

Options
  • 02-05-2012 2:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,
    got an '07 build sitting in the other room gathering dust, with the above mobo sitting in it, with a core 2 duo and a 500w psu.
    Just seeking some "preliminary" advice on potential graphics card upgrade in the around €200 range.
    Ideally utilising the inbuilt sli feature on mobo with 2 budget cards that will make it capable of running a demanding game like Battlefield 3 ....not necessarily on high settings, i hasten to add, as i know this is a big ask??

Just haven't gone near it in a couple of years, since i invested in xps laptop, my mind is boggled at the new developments out there and i just seem to keep going round in circles trying to figure this out!

anyways...can anyone offer any advice please, knowledgable or convenient, that will help me get back into the world of gaming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 numb nut

Lol....late night brain fart :D
    Nevermind...just wondering if anyone would have any ideas off the top of their heads.....you know, maybe suggest a link or vendor or something.
    Wasn't looking for an in-depth analysis. Guess i'll have to skip the shortcut ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

SLi you would probably want more PSU. Also I've found dual GPUs don't always = better performance. It's spotty. You're better off going with a better single GPU. Your PSU will handle pretty much anything single.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 numb nut

Ok thanks for the advice Overheal....will definately consider going 1 good GPU.
    Was wondering about capabilities of Sli....never got round to using it!
    Anyone any good sli experiences?

Advertisement