Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provincial Schools thread 2012-2013 *MOD WARNING POST 1*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Munster and leinster junior cups startin next week ??teams to look out for or players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Munster and leinster junior cups startin next week ??teams to look out for or players?
    same teams as when you asked the last time.

Leinster Senior quarter finalists are below
    Terenure Newbridge Kilkenny Roscrea
    St. Michaels Monkstown Clongowes Blackrock

Draw is tomorrow

Junior Cups in Munster and Leinster start this week. who do people think will go far in both competitions?
    St.Marys College v Kings Hospital
    Terenure v Gonzaga
    Cistercian Roscrea v St.Gerards
    Blackrock v
    Belvedere v Kilkenny College
    Clongowes Wood v St.Michaels
    v Newbridge

pbc v crescent
    glenstal v castletroy
    rockwell v munchins
    cbc v ard scoil

Leinster 1/4s draw
    Clongowes v 'Michaels
    Roscrea v Terenure
    Newbridge v CBC Monkstown
    Blackrock v Kilkenny

Some interesting games. around when these games due to be played(i know times/dates etc will be confirmed later today)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

ormond lad wrote: »
    Leinster 1/4s draw
    Clongowes v 'Michaels
    Roscrea v Terenure
    Newbridge v CBC Monkstown
    Blackrock v Kilkenny

Some interesting games. around when these games due to be played(i know times/dates etc will be confirmed later today)
    from the 19th to 25th

All games 4pm kickoff
    Monday, February 18th:
    Newbridge College v CBC Monkstown (Donnybrook)

Tuesday, February 19th:
    Cistercian College Roscrea v Terenure College (Tallaght Stadium)

Wednesday, February 20th:
    Blackrock College v Kilkenny College (Donnybrook)

Friday, February 22nd:
    Clongowes Wood College SJ v St. Michael's College (Donnybrook)
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/domestic/newsroom/10957.php

Any results from todays connacht senior games?
    Garbally v Sligo Grammar and Rice College v Marist

Junior Cup results
    Blackrock 51 Pats Navan 0
    Terenure 10 Gonzaga 0
    Wesley 0 Newbridge 48

Castletroy 8 Glenstal 5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Junior Cup results
    Terenure 10 Gonzaga 0
    Wesley 0 Newbridge 48

Castletroy 8 Glenstal 5

Terenure 0 Gonazaga 10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Marys 20 - KH 8

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Junior Cup results
    Terenure 10 Gonzaga 0
    Wesley 0 Newbridge 48

Castletroy 8 Glenstal 5
    who played well in castle nd glenstal match would've thought glenstal would win that one!

• Advertisement

who played well in castletroy and glenstal match would've thought glenstal would win that one!
    match report from the munster website here says Castletroy had good performers in Jack O'Mara, Evan Slattery and David Rowsome with Conor Fleming and Jamie Heuston a sold halfback combination.
    Glenstal had excellent backs in Jack Stafford, Charles Gavin and especially Gordon Daly with James Enright and Theo Broderick doing well in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Today in Wexford
    Vinnie Murray Plate
    CBS Wexford....20 Templeogue College....17

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

shawneebuy wrote: »
    Today in Wexford
    Vinnie Murray Plate
    CBS Wexford....20 Templeogue College....17

How the mighty have fallen. Such a pity to see Templeogue rugby the way it is. Congrats to CBS Wexford, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭thetruth_time

Looks like the schools are back into FIRA.

where did you see that and from when?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

good news

where did you see that and from when?
    Just heard it from a reliable source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'm fairly certain it's still the clubs. The Irish u-18 club team is playing Old Wesley u21's at Ashbourne RFC on Saturday @2.00pm as a warm up game to the European Competition.

Hagz wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it's still the clubs. The Irish u-18 club team is playing Old Wesley u21's at Ashbourne RFC on Saturday @2.00pm as a warm up game to the European Competition.
    Oh right, May not be true so.
    I think the schools should be in the comp as they have a greater chance of winning.
    But since the clubs have been preparing for fira it would be unfair of irfu to change their minds at this late stage. ( if true that is )

• Advertisement

Oh right, May not be true so.
    I think the schools should be in the comp as they have a greater chance of winning.
    But since the clubs have been preparing for fira it would be unfair of irfu to change their minds at this late stage. ( if true that is )
    There could be a change for next year so the schools are the irish representatives like they have been for the past 2 seasons but it will be the youths this season as there will not be any change so late in the season.

There could be a change for next year so the schools are the irish representatives like they have been for the past 2 seasons but it will be the youths this season as there will not be any change so late in the season.
    You could be right.
    But it did come from someone I'd be inclined to listen to.
    Lets see how it pans out I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

I'd say its more of a warm up for the Italy match at the same venue the following Saturday 23rd. I heard that The clubs are supposed to be playing two teams Old Wesley and Old Belvedere but I think that the games are on Sunday at 2pm. (Might have picked that date up wrong though)

I just can't believe that the clubs would switch with the schools for FIRA, for sure the schools are a better team, but why would they train the clubs all season with a view to playing in the competition and then pull them out? That would be awful hard on those lads. If winning the competition is paramount, they should put one combined team in. If they want to keep two teams they should alternate years irrespective of how good each year group is. The schools will always be better for the foreseeable future.

Stanza2 wrote: »
    I'd say its more of a warm up for the Italy match at the same venue the following Saturday 23rd. I heard that The clubs are supposed to be playing two teams Old Wesley and Old Belvedere but I think that the games are on Sunday at 2pm. (Might have picked that date up wrong though)

Could be Sunday yeh, just read the words next weekend and got confused.

Stanza2 wrote: »

I just can't believe that the clubs would switch with the schools for FIRA, for sure the schools are a better team, but why would they train the clubs all season with a view to playing in the competition and then pull them out? That would be awful hard on those lads. If winning the competition is paramount, they should put one combined team in. If they want to keep two teams they should alternate years irrespective of how good each year group is. The schools will always be better for the foreseeable future.
    They should have 2 combined Ireland u 18 teams A&B with the A team playing in FIRA and the B team playing the same international fixtures that the u19's have every year.
    But can't see it happening in the near future unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shawneebuy

Schools it is...so unfair on the Youths and coaching staff who were led to believe that it was them who were going. Another shoddy IRFU decision. Who pulled those strings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

I heard the same story today from a guy in youth rugby in Connacht. I just can't believe that they would do that to the Irish youth boys with, what is it, five weeks before the tournament begins. The IRFU (if its true) have just given the youth and clubs system the biggest kick in the teeth possible. I would be amazed, but this is the IRFU, so I suppose that anything is possible.

Could be Sunday yeh, just read the words next weekend and got confused.

It is Sunday(Tomorrow).

Highlights of the first try from the Newbridge Monkstown game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0sFt5lbusI&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1

They've got highlights from the Round 1 game between Belvo and Nure as well.

How are the connacht cups going?
    I see Garbally beat Sligo 14-12 today

Vinnie Murray final between Wesley and Gerards is on in Belvedere tomorrow.

In Munster tomorrow CBC play Glenstal in Temple Hill, PBC play Crescent in Musgrave and Rockwell play Castletroy in Clanwilliam. On thursday Ard Scoil play
    Munchins

• Advertisement

Munster Senior Cup 1/4 Finals: Rockwell 25 Castletroy 7; CBC 29 Glenstal 8; PBC 12 Crescent 18

Went to blackrock kilkenny today
    Good game. Rock lucky with the calls on the trys.
    Standouts were Timoney, O'Connor for rock.
    Ringrose has a monstrous boot on him.
    For Kilkenny Ridgeway and Sam Sterling were very good

Munchins and Ard Scoil 7-7 latest score in the last of the munster senior 1/4 finals

Munchins beat Ard Scoil 19-12
    Semi finals are Crescent v Rockwell and CBC v Munchins.
    CBC v Munchins to be played in Cork venue on march 5th and Crescent v Rockwell to be played in a Limerick venue on march 6th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭mrpdap

Munchins beat Ard Scoil 19-12
    Semi finals are Crescent v Rockwell and CBC v Munchins.
    CBC v Munchins to be played in Cork venue on march 5th and Crescent v Rockwell to be played in a Limerick venue on march 6th
    It's Crescent v CBC
    Rockwell v Munchins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭ozymandias10

mrpdap wrote: »
    It's Crescent v CBC
    Rockwell v Munchins

rockwell Munchins is on in Tipperary Clanwilliam Park

rockwell Munchins is on in Tipperary Clanwilliam Park
    Games virtually always are in Clan when Rockwell are named first. That should be very good game. Think Rockwell will edge it by a score

Preview of Ulster Senior Cup quarters which are on tomorrow
    http://www.ulsterrugby.com/branch/news/11215.php

What would people like the draw for Leinster semis to be when its made tomorrow?
    Newbridge, Roscrea, Michaels, Rock.
    Michaels and Rock to meet or be separate side of draw? Likewise with the 2 non city schools

What would people like the draw for Leinster semis to be when its made tomorrow?
    Newbridge, Roscrea, Michaels, Rock.
    Michaels and Rock to meet or be separate side of draw? Likewise with the 2 non city schools

I think with all due respect that Newbridge are the team the other 3 will want to draw. Personally I would love Roscrea to get to the final

Roscrea v Michael's
    Rock v Newbridge

please.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    I think with all due respect that Newbridge are the team the other 3 will want to draw. Personally I would love Roscrea to get to the final
    Have to agree with you there on both points.
    Would love to see roscrea to get to the final and get the trophy

• Advertisement

Have to agree with you there on both points.
    Would love to see roscrea to get to the final and get the trophy

I have a feeling Blackrock's luck with the draw will run out and they will get 'Michaels.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Quint2010 wrote: »

I have a feeling Blackrock's luck with the draw will run out and they will get 'Michaels.

I think Rock got a good game on Wednesday. It could easily have become a 7 point game with 10 mins to go. Kilkenny didn't take enough of their chances IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I'll echo quints point, I'd love to see roscrea in the final against Michaels, either way I hope the two semis give us the same entertainment as the qtrs have

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

I'd just love to see roscrea and michaels play in a fair cup match together COUGH10minutesinjurytimeCOUGH

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

jc4517 wrote: »
    I'd just love to see roscrea and michaels play in a fair cup match together COUGH10minutesinjurytimeCOUGH

was actually 17 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lobby Con Shine

jc4517 wrote: »

It may not happen.

Semi final draw was made last night.

Rock V CCR - Sunday next.

Michaels V Newbridge - Tuesday week.

Two close games I think. Michaels may well be too strong for Newbridge and I think Rock V CCR is too close to call.

3 games in Munster junior cup today with the final quarter on tomorrow.
    Ard Scoil v PBC, Crescent v Glenstal Abbey and Rockwell v CBC on today with Castletroy v Munchins tomorrow.
    http://limerickrugby.ie/news-2649/ O Gorman cup final played yesterday. Viliiers with a mix of Nenagh, Garryowen and Shannon players won quite comprehensively against a Crosshaven side 27-12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

MOD NOTE LEINSTER SCHOOLS RUGBY CAN ONLY BE TALKED ABOUT IN THIS THREAD http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056890737

IF THAT THRAD IS LOCKED READ THE MOD NOTE AT THE END. TALKING ABOUT THE LEINSTER SCHOOLS CUP HERE WILL RESULT IN A BAN

Good to see competitions like this but why not 7s. Surely with olympics etc it would be better to have a 7s competition.
    Shame they will not have the A/B schools in same competition as C schools
    http://www.munsterrugby.ie/domestic/news/11623.php

• Advertisement

3 games in Munster junior cup today with the final quarter on tomorrow.
    Ard Scoil v PBC, Crescent v Glenstal Abbey and Rockwell v CBC on today with Castletroy v Munchins tomorrow.
    http://limerickrugby.ie/news-2649/ O Gorman cup final played yesterday. Viliiers with a mix of Nenagh, Garryowen and Shannon players won quite comprehensively against a Crosshaven side 27-12

Ard Scoil had a great win over PBC yesterday 20-10.

Advertisement