Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Provincial Schools thread 2012-2013 *MOD WARNING POST 1*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Depends on the team they put out but yeah, you'd expect a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭specttator

any mention of the match being televised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

specttator wrote: »
    any mention of the match being televised?
    Game not being televised.
    The final between England and France is being shown live on l'équipe 21 TV and on Eurosport FR.
    At halftime of the final there will be some highlights of the Irish game against Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

ormond lad wrote: »
    Game not being televised.
    The final between England and France is being shown live on l'équipe 21 TV and on Eurosport FR.
    At halftime of the final there will be some highlights of the Irish game against Scotland.[/QUOTE

Is the France Ireland game available anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Leinster5

Anybody know the Ireland u19's squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

i know players in it but don't know the full thing

1. - Loughman - - Jeremy
    2. - Andrew - - Roche
    3. - Heffernan - - Oisin
    4. - O'Connor - - David
    5. - Thompson - - Alexander
    6. - Murphy - - Josh
    7. - Moloney - - Rory
    8. - Timoney - - Nick
    9. - McCarthy - - Nick
    10. - Bryne - - Ross
    11. - Brennan - - Cormac
    12. - Brewer - - Harrison
    13. - Cleary - - Fergal
    14. - Owens - - Jack
    15. - Dardis - - Billy

leading 7 - 0.

Try by McCarthy

Try Timoney.

12 - 0

• Advertisement

19 - 0

Try Loughman and converted.

must be half time now. great to get this updates

26 - 0

Try Heffernan and coverted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Another two tries for Ireland from Loughman and an penalty try.
    40-0

FullTime 40-0

Tries from Nick McCarthy, Nick Timoney, Jeremy Loughman x2, Oisin Heffernan and Josh Murphy.

loughman is some carrier

• Advertisement

I would really appreciate a link which would allow me view the Ireland Scotland FIRA match.
    Can anyone help with that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Keep an eye here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭matTNT

Rockwell had fullback mcmahon off for tip tackle and crescent were lucky they didnt have a man off as well as one stage in the game.
    I'm friends with McMahon (Steve) and I can attest that whoever says it was a retaliation is incorrect. He knows it was wrong but he wasn't trying to do what he did, he was clearing out the ruck and when the 14 came in to help him the incident went wrong. He deserved the red because it was dangerous. I think he should have been allowed to go on the Ireland 18s side though.

Generally he is a very clean player.
    Defence from Crescent was awesome.
    Rockwell killed themselves with number of penalties they conceded.

Spot on.
    Disapointed for Nenaghs Willie Coffey who played on the wing for Rockwell but he's underage for another 2 years so has another few chances for a winners medal

He's in 6th year next year so he only has one year left. He already repeated 5th year for rugby (even though he really didn't need to, straight A student) so I can't see him repeating 6th year. His future is as a centre when he bulks up a little. I'd tip him as a 13 in a few years time if he can improve his hands.

Ben Riley is a serious talent at scrum half will be the star next year. Munster u18s this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 charliemant

Anyone know who is on Munster u18s this year ?or people that will be on it?

Anyone know who is on Munster u18s this year ?or people that will be on it?
    Squad has only just been picked if it has or will be picked in next few weeks. Look at last September/Octobers bowen shield teams(there was a report nearly every week on the Munster website) and the same names will have kept on popping up. They are most likely to be the main players

• Advertisement

IRELAND UNDER-19 Team & Replacements (v England Under-19 Academies, Under-19 International Match, Donnybrook, Wednesday, April 3, kick-off 1pm):

15 - Cian Kelleher (St. Michael's College/Leinster)
    14 - Ross Adair (Queen's University/Ulster)
    13 - Rory O'Loughlin (St. Michael's College/Leinster)
    12 - Peter Robb (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
    11 - Ian Fitzpatrick (King's Hospital/Leinster)
    10 - Conor McKeon (Gonzaga College/Leinster)
    9 - Caolin Blade (Monivea/Connacht)
    1 - Ross Kane (Methodist College/Ulster)
    2 - Max Abbott (PBC Cork/Munster)
    3 - Saba Meunargia (Marist College/Connacht)
    4 - Sean O'Brien (CC Roscrea/Connacht) (capt)
    5 - Ross Molony (St. Michael's College/Leinster)
    6 - Ben Alexander (Queen's University/Ulster)
    7 - Joe Bercis (Bedford Blues/Exile)
    8 - Jack O'Donoghue (UL Bohemians/Munster)

Replacements:

16 - Shane Delahunt (Kilkenny College/Leinster)
    17 - Jacob Walshe (CC Roscrea/Connacht)
    18 - Rory Burke (CBC Cork/Munster)
    19 - Darragh Moloney (CBC Cork/Munster)
    20 - Jack O'Neill (Castleknock College/Leinster)
    21 - Ryan Foley (CBC Cork/Munster)
    22 - Rory Parata (Rockwell College/Connacht)
    23 - David Johnston (UL Bohemians/Munster)

Management Team -

Head Coach - Colin McEntee
    Team Manager - Barney McGonigle
    Assistant Coach (Backs) - Nigel Carolan
    Baggage Master - Pat Downey
    Doctor - Tim O'Flanagan
    Video Analyst - Vinny Hammond
    Physio - Barry Smith
    Strength & Conditioning Coach - Sami Dowling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wow. 1 Leinster forward, 5 Leinster backs. Normality has been restored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Really will be interesting to see how McEntee gets on, and see if he uncovers some gems.

Don't know much about Peter Robb, anyone?
    Anyone know what happened to Bobby Holland and Charlie Slowey.

Interesting to compare that team to the under-18 schools team that played in FIRA-AER final last year.

Only 5 players starting this game and that, although Leavy and Timmins skipped u19 level and are involved with the u20 team and several others were playing again this year for the u18's.

2. Max Abbott
    4. Sean O'Brien
    5. Ross Molony
    10. Conor McKeon
    13. Rory O'Loughlin

Couple guys on the bench aswell.
    15. Cian Kelleher
    16. Shane Delahunt
    19. Darragh Moloney
    20. Jack O'Neill

And finally, David Johnston started the schools game but is on the bench for this game.

Interesting to compare that team to the under-18 schools team that played in FIRA-AER final last year.

Only 5 players starting this game and that, although Leavy and Timmins skipped u19 level and are involved with the u20 team and several others were playing again this year for the u18's.

2. Max Abbott
    4. Sean O'Brien
    5. Ross Molony
    10. Conor McKeon
    13. Rory O'Loughlin

15. Cian Kelleher
    16. Shane Delahunt
    19. Darragh Moloney
    20. Jack O'Neill

And finally, David Johnston started the schools game but is on the bench for this game.

Went to Blackrock and was on their SCT last year. Very physically developed but strangely didn't get capped until after he left school.

Am I right in saying none of the following players are involved in either the 18's or 19's Ireland squads :
    Gary Ringrose
    Denis Coulson
    Richie Allen
    David Fortune
    Oisin Heffernen

Expected to see all of them involved in either set-ups if I'm honest.

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying none of the following players are involved in either the 18's or 19's Ireland squads :
    Gary Ringrose
    Denis Coulson
    Richie Allen
    David Fortune
    Oisin Heffernen

Heffernan was the starting TH for the u18 team in all three games.

You are right on the other 4 players.

Heffernan was the starting TH for the u18 team in all three games.

You are right on the other 4 players.

Thanks. Thought those players were good enough for Ireland.

Thanks. Thought those players were good enough for Ireland.

Ringrose is a very controversial player.
    Coulson isn't a great scrummager.
    Agree on Richie Allen, thought he was a good enough player alright but then so is Dylan Donnellan in my book and he isn't involved either.
    Fortune is pretty small and I think might be injured.

Gary Ringrose
    Denis Coulson
    Richie Allen
    David Fortune
    Oisin Heffernen

Pretty sure Coulsen was propping for Leinster U19's earlier this season. Allen had a good cup but obviously was considered too small. Ringrose hadnt been picked for any interprovincial squads so hard to see him go straight into the Ireland team at either level.

• Advertisement

No McKeever is interesting.

Happy to see Robb there. Been impressed when I've seen him with Old Belvo. Jack O'Neill on the bench is a little surprising considering he was captain of the Leinster team, Bercis must be a good player.

Wow. 1 Leinster forward, 5 Leinster backs. Normality has been restored.

If Leavy, Timmins and Dooley were not promoted early to u20.

It would be 5 and 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Hagz wrote: »
    Happy to see Robb there. Been impressed when I've seen him with Old Belvo. Jack O'Neill on the bench is a little surprising considering he was captain of the Leinster team, Bercis must be a good player.

Bercis is a good player, I think that he captained the Connacht U19's to the interpro title last year, beating a very good Leinster team in the Final.

Bercis, J O'Donohue, C Blade and J Walshe were all Irish U18 Clubs last year so they are good players. Two others from last years Clubs team have also skipped the U19's and are on to 20's and they are Adam Byrne (if fit) and P Dooley who started for the 20's this year. Two lads from last year's team were young enough for 18's this year, Fergal Cleary, who switched to the schools and Sean O'Hagan who played with the clubs again this year.

I think that is a fairly good output from the youth structure to our age grade teams.

2. Max Abbott
    4. Sean O'Brien
    5. Ross Molony
    10. Conor McKeon
    13. Rory O'Loughlin

15. Cian Kelleher
    16. Shane Delahunt
    19. Darragh Moloney
    20. Jack O'Neill

Holland isnt playing rep again I dont think,he doesnt want to
    Gary Ringrose
    Denis Coulson
    Richie Allen
    David Fortune
    Oisin Heffernen

Very disappointed not to see those lads involved,especially Ringrose and Fortune. Players should be rewarded for good cup performances,not just the old guard called on again
    No McKeever is interesting.

think theres better players than him,Meunargia is a sound operator. As for Donnellan not being there thats because Delahunt has moved to hooker

Ringrose is a very controversial player.
    Coulson isn't a great scrummager.
    Agree on Richie Allen, thought he was a good enough player alright but then so is Dylan Donnellan in my book and he isn't involved either.
    Fortune is pretty small and I think might be injured.
    How is Ringrose controversial? Had a very good campaign and his kicking is the best I have ever seen at schools level. Coulson isn't the greatest scrummager, but is very effective in the loose. I'd rate Allen over Donnellan, Allen's a very effective carrier when in space. Thinking about it, Fortune did go off injured in the Final against 'Michaels.

How is Ringrose controversial? Had a very good campaign and his kicking is the best I have ever seen at schools level. Coulson isn't the greatest scrummager, but is very effective in the loose. I'd rate Allen over Donnellan, Allen's a very effective carrier when in space. Thinking about it, Fortune did go off injured in the Final against 'Michaels.

controversial because some people think he is an excellent prospect and others think he is just an okay prospect.

The fact he hasn't ever made a Leinster or Ireland setup is telling.

controversial because some people think he is an excellent prospect and others think he is just an okay prospect.

Personally I don't think has what it takes to make it as a professional, but I felt he deserved a chance after a strong cup campaign.

lurtz wrote: »
    Holland isnt playing rep again I dont think,he doesnt want to

Very disappointed not to see those lads involved,especially Ringrose and Fortune. Players should be rewarded for good cup performances,not just the old guard called on again

think theres better players than him,Meunargia is a sound operator. As for Donnellan not being there thats because Delahunt has moved to hooker
    Don't think its "the old guard" being called on again. I don't think Ringrose is all that. kicking is excellent but is he good enough? How has he not been involved in any squad at representative level before if he's as good as some people are making him out to be. Not any bit saying he's not good but I think
    Thought there would be more youths players involved but if you look to the likes of Adam Byrne who's injured and Peter Dooley who's played 20s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

I thought that as was previously said that the representation from last years irish youths team was very good 4 on the U19's, 2 on the U20's and 3 still playing U18's (he forgot Sean Moran who was capped last year as well). That's not too bad. 9 players still involved with national teams is not a bad number. The schools will always have more.

if i wanted to watch the game the u19 game tomorrow it would be free right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Stanza2 wrote: »
    I thought that as was previously said that the representation from last years irish youths team was very good 4 on the U19's, 2 on the U20's and 3 still playing U18's (he forgot Sean Moran who was capped last year as well). That's not too bad. 9 players still involved with national teams is not a bad number. The schools will always have more.

Sean Moran as in the Big Show from CCR? He now plies his illustrious trade with IT Carlow I believe

if i wanted to watch the game the u19 game tomorrow it would be free right?

Are you a student? It'll probably be normal Donnybrook prices. 3 euro student terrace and fiver for the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

Peter Robb is a huge suprise for me a big bruiser but not much else to his game IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Stanza2

Sean Moran as in the Big Show from CCR? He now plies his illustrious trade with IT Carlow I believe

No, Sean Moran from Killkenny who plays with the Irish U18 Clubs, lovely young player. He was capped last year as well

• Advertisement

CGD wrote: »
    Peter Robb is a huge suprise for me a big bruiser but not much else to his game IMO

You're right there. Don't rate the kid at all myself.

Are you a student? It'll probably be normal Donnybrook prices. 3 euro student terrace and fiver for the stand.

yeah student, ill see If i can spare some time not studying and pop over.

Don't think so. Could be free in. Prev u18/19 internationals in Dublin have been free in iirc

Don't think so. Could be free in. Prev u18/19 internationals in Dublin have been free in iirc

I remember having to pay into the England - Ireland Schools international in Donnybrook 2 or 3 years ago. And also paying into Leinsters interpro with Northampton as well. Money grabbers the lot of them!

Id expect him to be involved with Leinster this summer,maybe 20s if thats his age group,I think hes a fantastic talent. If people actually watched him closely in matches instead of hearing about his kicking they'd see he has a fantastic pairs of hands and good pace.
    Don't think its "the old guard" being called on again. I don't think Ringrose is all that. kicking is excellent but is he good enough? How has he not been involved in any squad at representative level before if he's as good as some people are making him out to be. Not any bit saying he's not good but I think
    Thought there would be more youths players involved but if you look to the likes of Adam Byrne who's injured and Peter Dooley who's played 20s.

Yes Ringrose is good enough. As I said,kicking aside,he offers alot in attack and defence,and has plenty capacity to learn and develop
    This is quite irrelevant, Barry Daly in 2011 and Eoghan Quinn last year werent in a setup til they left school. Neither were jordan coghlan or josh van der flier. Are they not as good as people think? Its like the AIL,players should be rewarded for performing in the cup with higher honours

• Advertisement
Advertisement