Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Irish moron to screw up the Irish reputation here..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Don't see what this has to do with being Irish. It's more to do with being a d1ck. I'm sure there have been many Aussies who have tried the same thing. There are plenty of kn0bs in this country also. Take the blinkers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

04072511 wrote: »
    Don't see what this has to do with being Irish. It's more to do with being a d1ck. I'm sure there have been many Aussies who have tried the same thing. There are plenty of kn0bs in this country also. Take the blinkers off.
    Yes I agree there are plenty of knobs in this country but given the publicity of Irish criminal activity in this country, Today Tonight, ACA etc, that guy just re-inforces the image of Irish people being conmen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Sorry I found this story highly amusing.

Imagine having to do 150 hours community work while also not being able to claim any social welfare. He cant leave Victoria and he cant leave Australia.

I hope he had fun during his spending spree because he is going to pay for it now.

As far as denting the Irish rep goes I doubt it will even register.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

"Michael Hegarty, 27, from a village in County Meath, joined two younger offenders who posed as children of rich parents during a deception binge on the best things in life between October and December last year."

Well his parents probably spent the best part of a decade pretending to be rich and spending other peoples money as well. I can hear the chant now, Tiger Cub-Tiger Cub-Tiger Cub-Tiger Cub:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭comeback_kid

by buying into this guilt by association lark , you only encourage those who revel in the idea that the irish are a rowdy troublemaking bunch , such views still exist among a significant minority in all commonwealth countries

• Advertisement
Advertisement