Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BAXI Water filter

Options
  • 02-05-2012 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Can someone tell me where would I find water filter in BAXI 35/ 80 IE?
    I removed front cover, What i can see is on the left thermostat ( i think ) and on the right 2 valves - white for removing water from the boiler and red for repressuring / also pump in a front with big screw on it.
    Top part is closed.
    I checked manuals and search vis google and I can't find it. I know it is easy to clean it just need to know where is it.
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

You don't know what your doing and shouldn't be near the internal components of the boiler , if you are having problems with your boiler get a rgi to inspect it . Who told you about a water filter in the boiler .

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JustinCase1

sullzz wrote: »
    You don't know what your doing and shouldn't be near the internal components of the boiler , if you are having problems with your boiler get a rgi to inspect it . Who told you about a water filter in the boiler .

Once plumber get this cleaned for me but he left country. this is just small job. not big deal. filter is in water pipe just need to know where.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

baxi.jpg

shhhh....don't tell anyone
    Do not remove your boiler cover as you must be an RGO for this, but the filter is under the boiler, but will have to be drained first. An RGI is recommended as if you dry fire your boiler it will be damaged badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

:eek: DGOBS , do you realise what you have done , you have broken the code of omerta :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'd be wondering why the filter needs to be cleaned.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Me too, and if it's blocked, so is a lot more besides!

Thought is was the green cross code, or you on the LEVEL ;) or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

DGOBS wrote: »
    baxi.jpg

shhhh....don't tell anyone
    Do not remove your boiler cover as you must be an RGO for this, but the filter is under the boiler, but will have to be drained first. An RGI is recommended as if you dry fire your boiler it will be damaged badly.

Unfortunately I look after one of these for a customer and the first time I went to check the filter found there was none in it. When I sen this I said huh hmmm. Turns out the one that went before me told her he was taking it out because there not used in Ireland :confused::confused:
    I put a salvaged one into it:rolleyes:

Advertisement