Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build specs and question

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

Hi have all my parts for my first build as listed below. I do not game and mainly use OC's for web design, general PC stuff and sometimes video conversion.
    The only question I have is, I bought the 3770K and have no immediate plans to OC just yet. Is the stock cooler ok for this build?

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.50GHz (77W) - Retail
    ASUS GeForce ENGTX550 Ti DC/DI/1GD5 - 1GB
    Thermaltake - SMART Series - 750W Modular
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB 2.5" SATA-600
    Zalman Z11 Plus High Performance
    ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3
    Corsair Vengeance - 16 GB - 16000MHz DDR3

Parts already had from previous PC.
    1 x Seagate 1tb 7200rpm HDD
    1 x Seagate 2tb 5400rpm HDD
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse
    24” LG LED monitor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I think 16GB ram is way to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Stock cooler will be fine. The question is why are you not getting a Z77 motherboard??

Also id stay away from OCZ SSD's, go for Intel or Samsung in my expierence. Much more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Beez wrote: »
    Stock cooler will be fine. The question is why are you not getting a Z77 motherboard??

Also id stay away from OCZ SSD's, go for Intel or Samsung in my expierence. Much more reliable.

Thanks for that on the cooler.

I have all of these items and had opened the Z68 before I looked at any Z77 specs. The Z68 has everything I wanted USB 3.0, Bluetooth, LGA1155, so I'm happy enough with it.

I'be heard that about the OCZ's before but this one got a good review, I'll give it a go and see how well it performs/lasts.

In that case your not really that much worse off, like you said same features. At least you know you picked a tried and tested board.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

i've had the ozc agility 3 and i've had no problem at all..getting another one for my new build

• Advertisement

Maybe they have improved on qualityI have no expierence with the agility 3 in particular.

I work in IT and we had to replace over 20 OCZ SSD's with Intel ones due to lock ups, slow downs and other weird issues. We have over 30 Intel 320 SSD's and never had to RMA one of them. I personally would just pay extra for a bit of reliability. But as i said maybe OCZ drives have got alot better i dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Thanks guys

Advertisement