Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with SPSS and data analysis

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi there,

I am a Masters student and am currently going through the processes' of data analysis using SPSS. Unfortunately I don't have any background in it and the lecture time amalgamated to 4hrs in college on SPSS, its uses and specifics of data analysis. Thus far some of the lecturer's have been quite helpful, however there are still a number of areas that I am still confused by, despite persistent research and reading!

I am testing the reliability and validity of a questionnaire. I am focusing on the reliability aspect of things. In relation to the test-retest reliability the Pearson's r=.816, however I want to follow this up with an test-retest Intra-Class Correlation Coefficient, but am totally dumb-founded by it all! In the first instance do we simply compare the Total Score from both applications of the questionnaire, or is it each item on the questionnaire? Then there comes the issue of which model to use, (although there is some reading on that it is quite laborious to get your head around!).

If anyone has experience with this, or can provide any assistance with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Good evening, your message is a little vague... As I understand, you have many things (variables) being tested and then re-tested a number of times (observations)?

So, if true, you would have:

X1, X2, ..., Xn
    Y1, Y2, ..., Yn
    Z1, Z2, ..., Zn
    et cetera

A Pearson correlation between any two observations sounds reasonable to me. You could also do a 'Repeated measures ANOVA', as each data series is a repeated measure on the same set of variables.

Advertisement