Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lynda.com

Options
  • 02-05-2012 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭

Has anybody used lynda.com for CAD training? I was looking to upgrade my CAD skills from fairly non existant at this time due to lack of use to something that may be more appealable to a prospective employer. I dont have the money for the classroom based CAD courses I have seen online nor am I entitled to the financial support offered by FAS.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Have you looked at getting a good book first? Some of them come with an interactive CD and if you've used the program before could be more cost effective than paying for a course.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ftlnn

Has anybody used lynda.com for CAD training? I was looking to upgrade my CAD skills from fairly non existant at this time due to lack of use to something that may be more appealable to a prospective employer. I dont have the money for the classroom based CAD courses I have seen online nor am I entitled to the financial support offered by FAS.

Lynda.com I found a fantastic site for introductions to software of various sorts but as the other reply. Go buy a book second hand if it take that and try the exercises. Also plenty of autocad communities for advice for all levels of users.

Good luck!

Advertisement