Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

great spot for the world cup tho'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Well your whole family aren't living cos you've got family to look after your daughter while she benefits from our education system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

yeah I'm sitting in the hummer with the AC maxed out, later ill go to the penthouse and take a swim in the pool ....

then collect my massive paycheck (tax free)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

"This is reality"....im sorry but its as far from reality as ive heard in some time..all choices you and the hubby made yerselves..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

le la rat wrote: »
    Is this an all time low for liveline?

Were you not here yesterday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Only Joe duffy can go from a horrific fire that caused many deaths to expats missing the Irish way of life, well done joe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

This woman back from NZ sounds too nice Joe....put the other one back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Wish I didn't spend all my communion fivers on that house in Bulgaria now.

syklops wrote: »
    Speaking as an expat, its very easy to get into this "Boohoo. Im an economic refugee etc etc". You can say you moved for a job, but the truth is, it is a lifestyle choice. I could have sat on the dole in Ireland for the past 3 years. My flat screen TV was paid off, my computer was paid off. I could have sat back playing World of Warcraft for 3 years but I wanted a better life so I moved.

AH jesus 10 minutes of bitching now.

I know what you mean. I am so grateful that I was ABLE to move abroad, I had no debts and no house so I could go basically anywhere. Of course I miss home, but that's what Aer Lingus, Ryanair and Skype are there for! Moany holes like that really get on my wick. Make the best of the situation you're in, it could be much much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭8mv

Compared to the tradegy the call was supposed to be about, she should be thankful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

"When your in the bed you never know how big its gonna be"

Snigger..

Joe doesn't like the sound of this one's "glass half full" attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

8mv wrote: »
    Compared to the tradegy the call was supposed to be about, she should be thankful.

Oh yeah, the fire...

She sounded like a nice, empathetic lady at the beginning and then turned into a moany, whingy Liveline caller after 5 minutes talking to Joe.

Fancy that.

yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ah shur we're great alltogether!! :rolleyes:

the weather is grand actually...........arrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Eliz-a-BETH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Sorry he left Moana from Doha off now...oh she's back! :)

"If I coud go home in the morning..." feck off Moana there isn't a place on this planet you'd be happy with.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Speaking as an expat, its very easy to get into this "Boohoo. Im an economic refugee etc etc". You can say you moved for a job, but the truth is, it is a lifestyle choice. I could have sat on the dole in Ireland for the past 3 years. My flat screen TV was paid off, my computer was paid off. I could have sat back playing World of Warcraft for 3 years but I wanted a better life so I moved.

Ah jesus 10 minutes of bitching now.

And why does the daughter have to come back to Ireland(apart from the obvious reasons)?

I could have done that too Skylops but I decided to return to education and get a job instead. I hate the impression that its constant gloom in Ireland with nobody working.
    Its not great but its not that bad either.

Speaking as someone who has lived and worked abroad for 15 years, I have never described myself as an economic refugee. I detest the term.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

yesterday`s lavhnlahn sunk to the depths...today`s is heading on the same descent...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Reading this thread without listening to the show is fecking deadly, its much more fun!:D

ah elizabeth, please cheer Ann up a wee bit...( hard task i know,,,)

we'll come home Joe when we've earened enough cash, tax free, to buy a rock bottom priced mansion in Ireland! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭kermit_the_dog

Ah jesus 10 minutes of bitching now.

And why does the daughter have to come back to Ireland(apart from the obvious reasons)?

yes but this lady is in qatar , not sydney or san francisco , lifestyle is non existant in a 40 degree plus country which outlaws guinness and hotpants

"There is no future"

Seriously, ok there is a recession but they are cyclical. It is not as apocalyptic as you are letting on.

plug! plug! plug!

signostic wrote: »
    yesterday`s lavhnlahn sunk to the depths...today`s is heading on the same descent...
    bring on funny friday...........we need a lift :rolleyes:

This Anne is great, more realistic altogether.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭kermit_the_dog

would be nice to hear from someone who didnt move to a duff country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

surferdudz wrote: »
    ah elizabeth, please cheer Ann up a wee bit...( hard task i know,,,)

Before the Qatari Secret Police come around anyway :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement