Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is that Richard boyd barrett

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lapin wrote: »
    Jebus :eek:

I had to nip out for 20 mins and there have been over 120 posts here in the meantime. Looks like I missed out on some excitement. :(

Make sure you tune into Mooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

can someone clarify, did the fella actually have a heart attack, or did he just faint while walking over a bridge with his bike and Mooney gave him CPR just in case?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

can someone clarify, did the fella actually have a heart attack, or did he just faint while walking over a bridge with his bike and Mooney gave him CPR just in case?

Derek 'pumped' him

b02.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Well I thik what I heard according to Mooney his heart stopped, but I thought he just passed out with low blood sugar cause he didn't eat a banana!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Ah the obligatory 2.56 ad break :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

didn`t hear it all but it appears he was out for awhile, woke up to see Derek over him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/tourists-plead-guilty-stealing-penguin-while-drunk-4861667

well theres the penguin stealing story anyway for all those who missed it.

he got a puncture and mooney went and gave his wheel a good pumping

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

after the Nigerian Embassy story on Liveline and Bee-gate on Mooney

I want documentary evidence of this life saving incident

i'd say Derek has made the front page of the Evening Heggald

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    he got a puncture and mooney went and gave his wheel a good pumping
    your man "Fred" won't look at a banana in the same way again, after been pumped by Mooney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Well, not to be outdone by Mooney coming into studio in his Superguy:D outfit, Brek has also decided to dress for the occasion...

fat-wonder-woman.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Lapin wrote: »
    Jebus :eek:

I had to nip out for 20 mins and there have been over 120 posts here in the meantime. Looks like I missed out on some excitement. :(

You have to listen back and read through the thread as you listen. It was good liveline. Don't expect Shane O'Curry good, but it was good.

New Irish Superhero:

00050d84-314.jpg

OK I've tried 2 mins into the mooney show I can't do it, have a good one boardsies see y'all Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

pc7 wrote: »
    OK I've tried 2 mins into the mooney show I can't do it, have a good one boardsies see y'all Tuesday.

It's a bit much allright....

Is there no lahv lahn tomorrow?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Derek Mooney well worth his RTÉ pay packet !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe will b having a vvankfest tomorrow hse just said their funding that ippy drug

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Fair play to Joe and the liveline staff for highlighting the Ippy drup issue. I heard Prof. Crown saying there were other drugs out there that are other drugs yet to be vamade available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I wonder Did Joe honestly not know it was Mooney who Fred was talking about, or was that all part of the "Drama"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

That was great gwan the mooney ya boya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe will be unbearable today

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0503/breaking56.html
    The cancer drug Ipilimumab will be made available to patients who have a particularly deadly form of malignant melanoma, the Department of Health announced tonight.
    The HSE and the National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) said in a statement it had reached agreement with the drug’s manufacturers, Bristol-Myers Squibb following negotiations going back to November.
    It is anticipated that 60 Irish patients will be eligible for the treatment this year.

Joe will attempt to bat off the credit he so secretly craves, all the while his only input on this matter was to cause distractions to negotiations that were protracted

Once again I state: 'Ippy is NOT a cure' - median survival rate of 3.7 months extra for patients taking it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Mooney segment was super :D

Poor chap was genuinely uncomfortable with Joe's bollox though.

Guess what will be the opening topic today?

IPI

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0503/skin-cancer-drug-ipi-available-for-patients.html

Joe - man o the people wha'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

IPI

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0503/skin-cancer-drug-ipi-available-for-patients.html

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Am I happy living in a world where Joe Duffy can get the HSE to change their policies on something?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

syklops wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to feel about this. Am I happy living in a world where Joe Duffy can get the HSE to change their policies on something?

its a bit worrying when a person like joe duffy can get the govt depts to change policy and laws. its great for the people to get the drugs and have a better quailty of life but when joe duffy can get head shops shut and drugs bought you really have to wonder about those in power.

what pi55es me off more is how up his own hole in congratulations and plaudits the show is going to be full offtoday and the usual telling joe how great he is and joe telling the caller that it was really them and how great they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The news story I heard today didn't give Duffy any credit, they gave either the Mail on Sunday or the Daily Mail, can't remember which, credit for campaigning for this. Although he does write for the Mail on Sunday and they had a couple of stories about it in the last edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The news story I heard today didn't give Duffy any credit,

He didn't get a mention on the RTE 9.00 news last night either. The campaign was mentioned but not our Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

i wonder what vacines or screening programs will now be cut to pay for this, one thing is for sure - it won't be anyones generous pay and perks. I hope Brendan and the other callers get their treatment and are cured, but the one-sided debate on this drug was shameful from Joe.

• Advertisement

IPI

Show me the money - chink chink:pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement