Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I think shes clutching at straws when she said her kids miss going to mass on a sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

In my country we saying woman driving car is like monkey driving plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Kurz wrote: »
    In my country we saying woman driving car is like monkey driving plane.

What country is that Kurz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

neris wrote: »
    Qatar sounds like a **** hole stuck in the middle ages

Most of the Gulf states are like that, but no tax, cheap 5 star restaurants, golf courses, sailing, air con shopping centres with luxuary brands, affordable Fillipino housemaid. If your willing to look the other way you can have a nice colonial lifestyle. Its like the British Class system, Arabs are on top the tree and every company has to hire them even do they hardly turn up for work. Western ex pats are below that but with a better quality of lifestyle than here, Fillipinos have the service sector jobs and the poor uneducated Indians and Pakistan workers are in boiler suits building sky scrappers in 50C heat.

A friends sister(nurse) and brother inlaw(salesman) moved home from Saudi at the peak of the Celtic Tiger because they couldn't stand the lifestyle, One year later they moved back because they couldn't do without the housemaid and the ex pat social circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

A friends sister(nurse) and brother inlaw(salesman) moved home from Saudi at the peak of the Celtic Tiger because they couldn't stand the lifestyle, One year later they moved back because they couldn't do without the housemaid and the ex pat social circuit.

That sounds sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

couldnt go there even for a holiday. like a beer and a good time and not the fear of been chucked in prison or worse coz some tea towel head is living in the year 1200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Could you please get them to ring in for balance?

Joe:"Who will call you infidel?"

Someone who wants your job?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This show does not dovetail:)

Joe loves these hospital stories. he,ll hit the jackpot when he gets a caller on whos parent has just died in a chair in a hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Guernsey? GUERNSEY????And now mama admits that she absolutely loves it out there.And your point is? You'd prefer her to be home and miserable?

Guernsey would be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

signostic wrote: »
    What country is that Kurz?

13871.jpg

Kazakstan of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Very hard to have sympathy for these people in Saudi, it's not as though we don't know what it's like over there. If you want a massive salary, then put up or shut up.

Very hard to have sympathy for these people in Saudi, it's not as though we don't know what it's like over there. If you want a massive salary, then put up or shut up.

Yeah. Yer one who rang up already has a job in the UK. She only wants to go for the money. Very hard to have sympathy. If she uses the phrase economic refugee Im turning off.

In fairness to the last (sensible) caller, that's exactly what she was saying.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    In fairness to the last (sensible) caller, that's exactly what she was saying.

SHe was the voice of reason. I think Ivy was talking about the other callers.

Random question - missed the start of the show - how did we skip from partners in Qatar/Saudi to a lonely mammy who's girl is in Guernsey (having a ball)?

that lyric ad is rubbish. pianos and fish wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

For a second there, I thought that woman who rang up about Guernsey was going to say that Sharia Law had just been introduced there as well.
    What exactly does her daughter's situation have to do with going to Qatar? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

A landscape architect and an interior designer?

The perfect Celtic Tiger couple...

neris wrote: »
    that lyric ad is rubbish. pianos and fish wtf??

the little lord fauntleroy's love it

Depends if the dog is male or female

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"He'd talk the hind legs off anyone"

Great - get him to call the Show tomorrow and have a chat with Syl. Tell him the one about the Flintstones being banned in Abu-Dhabi-Doo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

What the **** do these people want? Homesick? What is he 12?
    Maybe its because I lived away before but I just can't believe the child -like attitude of these people.They all sound spoilt. They also have a really really rose tinted view of ireland. I suppose the fact that they are ringing Joe should tell use something about them.
    They want to bring the ****ing dog?:rolleyes:

Another sensible caller.... there's an abnormally high number of them on today - what's happening???

Libya is a completely different kettle of fish.

So is Dubai.

I thought the subject was Qatar???

They make their wives walk behind them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm sick of these whingers. If you don't like it that much, get out! :rolleyes:

And shock horror, having to buy furniture for your house or apartment, for flips sake, it's the same in the UK or Australia or mostly anywhere as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Do the female dogs wear the burka?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement