Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Aren't there laws to prevent people standing for election and remaining on as TD due to money problems. This comes from Issac Butts' time when he gambled his money away. At least I assume we learn from history.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Wallaces' banner was the size of the pitch in Croke Park hanging up on Batchelors Walk"

Jaysus Joe, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Beyond The Pale

Ape in the back-ground agrees...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

vicwatson wrote: »
    syklops wrote: »
    He fixed the road.

He has done nothing for Wexford since being elected

The only things he has done is set up the Wexford Youths Football Club which is a great thing, he spent almost 4 million on that - never got a cent of a grant from anyone.

That said, he is a crap politician and has done nothing for Wexford since ebing elected.
    What politician has done something good since the last election?

Who's Adam Wallace...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

How many people did Wallace employ through the years and how much tax did he generate for the government before this incident?

I wish I could 'Like' this 10 times. I'm no champion of Mick Wallace - thought it was ridiculous that he was elected last year - but he employed a *lot* of people during the boom, and it sounds like he's simply broke, not hanging on to the cash to squirrel away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

How many people did Wallace employ through the years and how much tax did he generate for the government before this incident?

Oh yea sure he was a CHARITABLE guy :rolleyes:

Don't make me laugh he EMPLOYED people, who I'm dam sure worked dam hard for him, only because he needed their brains & skills not as some kind of egalitarian act .... they got nothing for nothing from him, if he hadn't needed their skills he would have handed them their P45's double pronto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

How long before someone says the word "begrudgery"?

As a TD he is a national Representative not just for his constituency, that what councilors are there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Someone can't use a touch-tone phone...

• Advertisement

angry-dog-173697893.jpg

Like a pack of angry dogs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

europa11 wrote: »
    "Wallaces' banner was the size of the pitch in Croke Park hanging up on Batchelors Walk"

Now we know where all that ink went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Pack o' dogs! JOE!! HELLO JOE?? I'll pay my inland revenue tax!! The man needs to be hunged by his big buildering shoulders till the inland revenue tax man is happy!!

Danegal?

Confucius Duffy

confucius.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I dont think this bloke is self employed if he keeps saying "inland revenue"

Pack o' dogs! JOE!! HELLO JOE?? I'll pay my inland revenue tax!! The man needs to be hunged by his big buildering shoulders till the inland revenue tax man is happy!!

Maybe Inland Revenue could give the money to the Revenue Commissions and seek payment from Wallace !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

"Labour is my background, but I sold out to Fianna Fail"

"Inland Revenue" who they?

Revenue Commisioners you dolt.

So let me get this straight, we now advocate that not paying TAX is the correct process in the event of being dicovered a negotiation can take place which would allow for a 'deal' which would I assume would be for a lower amount...

• Advertisement

Paparazzo wrote: »
    "Labour is my background, but I sold out to Fianna Fail"

Principles that what he has principles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

but he employed a *lot* of people during the boom.

+1000 ... He did his best to create jobs and contribute to his local surroundings.. Our civil in the department of finance who presided over this crash are still on six figure sums, they never created anything only additional overhead.. He would have been using the VAT as temporary credit to keep his company running, since the banks were not providing, it's not like he went on holiday with the money...

Is that Dickie Rock on the line?? sounds like him.

quick-gun-murugun-reddy300.jpg

Mick's new look...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

I for one applaud Wallace for not paying the Inland Revenue. What right do the Brits have to tax our workers? Free State NOW!

Who is Adam Wallace...?

This guy has a face like a well slapped arse...

Well said that man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I hope the carpet guy doesnt have the radio on in his showroom.. :D

This gobsh1te has no idea whats its like to run a business:mad:

• Advertisement

1161178353a8LSU6.jpg

Buisness-man's Psyche...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement