Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I spose if Duffy doesnt get the result he wants here it will be the fault of the Shinners again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Was there a massive pedo ring operating in the establishment class in this country?
    Well in the Ireland of the 1960s,70s and even into the 80s , were nobody questioned anybody in authority and everybody knew their place ,the modus to operate such a ring was easy and to quote a phrase ' like taking candy from a baby ' .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe will you ever shut up waffling. No mention of the presidential text poll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

seee no research at all for todays hodge-podge of nonsense..

Joe, I think you're conveniently ignoring a more recent poll result, because you didnt like the result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Reminding us of previous LL polls.

Pope visit (check!).....Queen visit (check!).......What about mentioning the one when you kicked all the office furniture around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Surely 90% + will vote yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

baldbear wrote: »
    Surely 90% + will vote yes.

any less and it's rigged

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

History lesson... If you look back Nov 2010 at the papers Brady was under extreme pressure to resign. The hard freeze in the following weeks knocked Brady off the headlines. He must have thought he was free and clear only now to resurface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

The apologists for the church in this country are unreal.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/05/04/meanwhile-in-west-donegal/

Locals raise €50,000 for guy who rapes 7 year olds.

• Advertisement

Can you believe this dickhead?

Interrupting a caller to give out the textpoll numbers for the umpteenth time. :eek:

Must be some kickback from Telepolls Inc.

That poll is up there with the TV licence and high wages in RTE as items joe can never mention

europa11 wrote: »

Interrupting a caller to give out the textpoll numbers for the umpteenth time. :eek:

the cost to most radio stations ,to run a text service, is 20 cent a text...so

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Its a premium rate text number somthing like 30cent per text

ah dont bother Joe.. It's hardly like he's presented an unbiased view of the thing..

neris wrote: »
    Its a premium rate text number somthing like 30cent per text

that means rte are making 10 cent on each text...the cost to the station is 20 cent

He's barely listening to her (Ok...sigh...i know...OK, OK), he's just ratcheting up the poll numbers.

30 cents a pop, eh! little wonder his mind is pre-occupied.

so lets see how much they made there with their little text poll...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hey folks,

Just tuned in, what's this biddy on about?

Anyhow, on more serious issues like Ippy.....anyone else worried about the long-term consequences for allowing Joe to influence Health and Drug Provision and subsidisation in Ireland? Ippy is not the only drug that is currently not fully reimbursed by the state; so, by extension, were all the patient support bodies to organise their members to call Lahv Lahn, would the "man a da peeple" get these decisions overturned?

Worrying times indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

1,500 per minute??? :eek:

• Advertisement

"And after filtering out the Sinn Fein element the result is............." (drumroll)

Hey folks,

Anyhow, on more serious issues like Ippy.....anyone else worried about the long-term consequences for allowing Joe to influence Health and Drug Provision and subsidisation in Ireland? Ippy is not the only drug that is currently not fully reimbursed by the state; so, by extension, were all the patient support bodies to organise their members to call Lahv Lahn, would the "man a da peeple" get these decisions overturned?

Worrying times indeed.

The state should take it out of RTE's budget.

15,000 by 10 =150,000

$1500...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Of course people knew. I know of someone who went to a boarding school in Kildare during the late 70's early 80's where the bursar was up to all sorts with the boys. everyone knew, the other boys, the parents.... but nothing was done at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Just tuned in.

Whats the text poll for?

"And after filtering out the Sinn Fein element the result is............." (drumroll)

Yeah they ignore any texts that are:
    i) Preceded by a codeword
    ii) Signed by P O'Neill..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Paparazzo wrote: »
    The apologists for the church in this country are unreal.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2012/05/04/meanwhile-in-west-donegal/

Locals raise €50,000 for guy who rapes 7 year olds.
    I wonder how many of them have sons or nephews who are priests and /or have some other interest in seeing any accusations of abuse brused aside ...which is also part of how catholic church brainwashing works .

syklops wrote: »
    Just tuned in.

Whats the text poll for?

Should Brady resign..................oh sorry! no, what am I thinking. It's to make easy money for RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Hey folks,

Worrying times indeed.

the more decisions that are reversed the more annoyed/worried I become.....no back bone being shown....I am very sorry ..but the cost HAS to be part of the decision........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

sudzs wrote: »
    Of course people knew. I know of someone who went to a boarding school in Kildare during the late 70's early 80's where the bursar was up to all sorts with the boys. everyone knew, the other boys, the parents.... but nothing was done at the time.
    I was in St.Peter's College when that sort of thing was rife and never had a clue what was going on, came as some shock I can tell you. Totally oblivious I was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement