Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

vicwatson wrote: »
    what the hell is the show all about ?!

Its called the Joe Duffy Show for a reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Duffy was quite right to shut up someone who was clearly trying to stop discussion on this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

syklops wrote: »
    He fixed the road.

Gas thing is he's done nothing for Wexford since being elected, been too busy sortin his tax affairs !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Bertiebasher

what was the result of the text scientific poll.. just switched on now :)

the majority of housewives and the elderly say he should resign.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

give us the result again there joe :rolleyes:, bound to hear it at least twice before the end of the show. shame ya were'nt to quick at reading out the result when mcguinness topped the presidential poll you ran.

mike65 wrote: »
    Duffy was quite right to shut up someone who was clearly trying to stop discussion on this issue.

It's not a discussion - a discussion should be balanced and both sides should be given - This is a public hanging by Duffy with his personal agenda.

Did he expect the text poll to read 77% in favour of him NOT to resign. He did and his goo.

Duffy is a populist. End of.

And he hit a new low today cutting that caller off. Ignoramus

Ha! read the post about the irony of him discussing freedom of speech in Syria ! He's a joke:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Joe always talked with pride about how accuate his 10 minute text polls were. Then McGuinness won the presidential one.
    He never mentions past polls now!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Stop rushing people Duffy

• Advertisement

Suddenly we should care more about syria because crhistians are being killed as well as other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

@Vic, the above. The guy was saying we shouldn't be discussing this, it's a trial by media, that there's more important things to be discussing etc. He didn't have a point.

There have been many many lows in this show, cutting that ranter off doesn't even make the top 500. He had nothing to add to either side of the discussion.

Free Syrian Army (with every box of cornflakes):o :pac::pac:

ThisRegard wrote: »
    @Vic, the above. The guy was saying we shouldn't be discussing this, it's a trial by media, that there's more important things to be discussing etc. He didn't have a point.

The point is we didn't get to hear his point, the bit we heard Duffy didn't like so censored him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"How did you come across Mother Agnes"?

Good man Joe.

Someone was going to say it so it might as well be me !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

photo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

So they're alright as long as they're not killin' Katlicks Joe.

ThisRegard wrote: »

i think his point was there is more important things like syria to be talking about, and here we are now, syria on the liveline. point proved ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,243 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Is Joe's volume control broken? He's shouting at everyone today :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's like your mother calling you for the dinner..

Sister mother brother father Agnes..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

vicwatson wrote: »
    The point is we didn't get to hear his point, the bit we heard Duffy didn't like so censored him
    We did, that it's trial by media and there should be no public discussion about it. He had no other point and didn't add anything to the discussion.

Jaysus, what's going on here, me defending Duffy.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Is Joe's volume control broken? He's shouting at everyone today :mad:

to the tune of its my party

its his show and he'll shout if he wants to, shout if he wants to, shout if he wants to :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

it's the cows?

i think his point was there is more important things like syria to be talking about, and here we are now, syria on the liveline. point proved ;)

Someone will be on from Syria, about to be arrested and shouting down the phone because the police are on to him. You'll hear the scuffle and a gun shot and Joe will interrupt his dying words "We have to leave it there, we have declan nerney on the other line. Declan, tell us about the man you found in a bush"

What the hell is this nun on about cows for?

Or is it Trapatoni in disguise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Joe exposed as the sub standard broadcaster we all know him to be, getting told off by a nun for asking stupid loaded questions she cant possibly answer.

350K a year..fuuuck me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Islam and Wallace......ffs, they are as bad as each other!

I had to take the head phones off. She was driving me up the wall.

I couldn't understand her and I dont understand why Joe is talking to her. Can anyone enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"God bless you mother Agnes....don't forget to swallow the SIM card"

• Advertisement

10 minutes left, I'll be shocked if it's not declan nerney on next

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement