Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

If this thread is anything to go by, few people here give a frigg about Syria. 10 posts in as many minutes.

Mon Joe, back to Wallace the tax dodger,the Nigerian Embassy and The Rubber Bandits.
    Give your public what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Christians eh? Wallace and Vomit? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

syklops wrote: »
    I had to take the head phones off. She was driving me up the wall.

I couldn't understand her and I dont understand why Joe is talking to her. Can anyone enlighten me?

as the world now knows, Joe and the Ballinasloe Civil Defence overthrew Ghaddafi......now they've trained their beady eyes on Syria.

After that the big one....Mick Wallace's seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I had to take the head phones off. She was driving me up the wall.

I couldn't understand her and I dont understand why Joe is talking to her. Can anyone enlighten me?

She's looking for food for the poor. like the loaf of bread i was going to send would stay fresh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,241 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Extrapulate :confused:

Can we club together (or raid da fund) and get Joe some elocution lessons :cool:

• Advertisement

Sounds like a wexford women alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

joes says to caller: i'll come back to ya :D, not when you've a wallace basher on the other line you wont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ffs.. The money you pay doesnt go back to Mick Wallace, it goes to the club to help it keep running.. This wan is a very silly woman

Lapin wrote: »
    If this thread is anything to go by, few people here give a frigg about Syria. 10 posts in as many minutes.

Mon Joe, back to Wallace the tax dodger,the Nigerian Embassy and The Rubber Bandits.

But don't ask them on if they're going to say something you disagree with:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i dont think he's read the result out enough, give it out 1 more time. c'mon joe you know you wanna

• Advertisement

Do we not all have annual leave that we can avail of?

(*ducks in advance of all the "they only sit for 20 day in the year FFS" posts)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

its a "juicy" point. good man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Lapin wrote: »

In fairness, 99% of the comments on this thread are taking the piss of whoever is on or what subject is on. Syria isn't really a subject you take the piss out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Never forget what this mans party did to the country

Joe Joe Joe. all the low blows.. you disgust me. trial by media. you sicken me duffy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

You certainly have buzzards anyway Aongus, that's for sure.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

vicwatson wrote: »
    Joe Joe Joe. all the low blows.. you disgust me. trial by media. you sicken me duffy

So you'll be back on Monday at 1.45pm then? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Paparazzo wrote: »
    In fairness, 99% of the comments on this thread are taking the piss of whoever is on or what subject is on. Syria isn't really a subject you take the piss out of.

True.

Its the reason I didn't comment during the Syria discussion myself.

My comment above was tongue in cheek, although I'd love have the Bandits back on all the same. One of the best Livelines ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Favorite words Joe like to use to make himself sound edumucated?

Lexicon, Extrapulate

Any others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Elmo wrote: »

Lexicon, Extrapulate

Any others?

Stock-hollum

• Advertisement

Stock-hollum

See he makes me feel so uneducated, what?

Lexicon, Extrapulate

Any others?

Woy?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Woy?

IMO a word comes to Joe and it sticks to his brain for the whole show and at every opportunity he repeats his word of the day, hoping that one of his callers will say the immortal words

"how do you mean joe?"

PauloMN wrote: »
    So you'll be back on Monday at 1.45pm then? ;)

Sure isn't it what it's all about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Lexicon, Extrapulate

Any others?

Jermaine.

Kohh-pin-haaag'in.

(think this all started when Joe spotted a jar of Marmalade in the RTE Cantina and was impressed by the reaction of those around him when he uttered the word,,,,,,or maybe there's truth in the rumour that he swallowed a dictionary during his recent Ryanair holiday to Portugal)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

europa11 wrote: »
    "God bless you mother Agnes....don't forget to swallow the SIM card"

Yep, He thinks he's Joeson Bourne....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

Its called the Joe Duffy Show for a reason!

ehhhh...its called the livelaaahn...come on now..

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

dav3 wrote: »
    Ah the irony of Joe talking about Syria and then cutting off anyone who disagrees with him.
    How did Joe's poll on Michael Lowry go?[
    Have to admit, only getting to listen to it now (a few drinks were had) but seriously Duffy would you f;uck off. Yes he (Duffy) is a big shot on RTE radio 1 but I suspect Tubridy and Duffy are clutching at what the Populism view is, once again. P Kenny is fantastic (current affairs) at what he does regardless of his salary. I wish Philip B Hayes had a decent shot (even for a week) at the liveline show.
    Word must be spreading but I met a complete stranger last week at dinner party and we discussed RTE radio 1, 2FM future etc and of course Duffy/ Tubridy, to my surprise it felt like she was a daily boards contributor, hated his bias, God crap etc, was very refreshing to have a real conversation with a stranger who did not follow this thread. Although I convinced her to hit F5 on boards with the laaaveline.
    I'm curious to see 10 years in the future, will be interesting for these particular 'shiit' broadcasters
    :pac:

• Advertisement

miketv wrote: »
    dav3 wrote: »
    Ah the irony of Joe talking about Syria and then cutting off anyone who disagrees with him.
    How did Joe's poll on Michael Lowry go?[
    Have to admit, only getting to listen to it now (a few drinks were had) but seriously Duffy would you f;uck off. Yes he (Duffy) is a big shot on RTE radio 1 but I suspect Tubridy and Duffy are clutching at what the Populism view is, once again. P Kenny is fantastic (current affairs) at what he does regardless of his salary. I wish Philip B Hayes had a decent shot (even for a week) at the liveline show.
    Word must be spreading but I met a complete stranger last week at dinner party and we discussed RTE radio 1, 2FM future etc and of course Duffy/ Tubridy, to my surprise it felt like she was a daily boards contributor, hated his bias, God crap etc, was very refreshing to have a real conversation with a stranger who did not follow this thread. Although I convinced her to hit F5 on boards with the laaaveline.
    I'm curious to see 10 years in the future, will be interesting for these particular 'shiit' broadcasters
    :pac:

Some rant !! How's the head eh!? :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement