Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

vicwatson wrote: »
    miketv wrote: »

Some rant !! How's the head eh!? :D:D:D
    Surprisingly not bad actually Vic! Yep sorry about the rant, started to listen at the podcast after a late night at the pub and let off some steam
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

dav3 wrote: »
    I'm curious to see 10 years in the future, will be interesting for these particular 'shiit' broadcasters
    :pac:

President Duffy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

President Duffy:D

He'll have to run against Martin McGuinness, Liveline Phone In A Poll election I think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have to admit, only getting to listen to it now (a few drinks were had) but seriously Duffy would you f;uck off. Yes he (Duffy) is a big shot on RTE radio 1 but I suspect Tubridy and Duffy are clutching at what the Populism view is, once again. P Kenny is fantastic (current affairs) at what he does regardless of his salary. I wish Philip B Hayes had a decent shot (even for a week) at the liveline show.
    Word must be spreading but I met a complete stranger last week at dinner party and we discussed RTE radio 1, 2FM future etc and of course Duffy/ Tubridy, to my surprise it felt like she was a daily boards contributor, hated his bias, God crap etc, was very refreshing to have a real conversation with a stranger who did not follow this thread. Although I convinced her to hit F5 on boards with the laaaveline.
    I'm curious to see 10 years in the future, will be interesting for these particular 'shiit' broadcasters
    :pac:

What's the story Mike, was it too late to head up to Joe Duffy's house and bang on his door?

What's the story Mike, was it too late to head up to Joe Duffy's house and bang on his door?
    yeah, was in bad mood and went slightly over the top (Sorry Joe and Tubbs :o)
    They do their best in fairness and are both very well advised/smart in wage agreements so fair play to them.
    I'm all calm again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

yeah, was in bad mood and went slightly over the top (Sorry Joe and Tubbs :o)

No, I was just asking.. I would have got a 2 Litre of cider and headed up to Duffy Towers with you..

No, I was just asking.. I would have got a 2 Litre of cider and headed up to Duffy Towers with you..
    No worries Jon, was not having a go at you. Reading back 'Yeah' could be interpreted in a narky way, actually meant the other way as in Yes I was in a bad mood. Lost in translation a bit.
    Duffy Towers lol :D

Wall to wall eucharistic congress today i would imagine:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Wall to wall eucharistic congress today i would imagine:(

At least it will make a change from the wall to wall sport we've had on RTE1 since 9am today. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Topic 1: a caller recalls his/her memories from the 1932 Eucharistic Congress. Bingo buzzwords to watch out for include coddle, in the rare auld times, you couldn't meet a more decent priest, salt a dee earth, not like today, fornicatin, young people of Ireland, we hadn't anything but we were happy, the power of prayer and obligitory keep the faith and God bless.

Topic 2: Joe congratulating himself on "forcing" Mick Wallace to cancel his Euro 2012 trip and consider his position on the back of Friday's scientific 10 minute text poll. He will repeatedly point out that over 15,000 people texted the show in 10 minutes, whereas Mick Wallace "only" got 13,000 votes in 15 hours. The power of the Lahv Lahn will be mentioned. Only buzzword to watch out for in this debate from Joe will be repeated (and often unnessecary) use of "why?"

Topic 3: the match last night. Callers who rang in when Man City won the league will be asked to explain why they didn't pray as hard this time. Fr. Sven will be uncontactable.

Topic 4 (random looper topic): woman who lost 50c on the Luas this morning is reunited with it on her return journey!! Derek Mooney to also cover this with Brek sent to the woman's house to see the 50c piece up close.

Yep, it's a busy day for me.........:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Maybe Joe will be fielding calls from someone trying to defend Shay Given....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

my friend wrote: »

I'm sure like all rte presenters last week joe is a football expert and will give us his expert summary of last nights game. And listening to michael d on the news youd swear we won the game

Ah ffs give it up joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Now Joe, make this good or I'll switch over to 252 to listen to the Eucharistic Congress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Why does he have to pronounce marathon the way he does, does he say it that way when he asks for one in the shop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"She ran out in front of me <5 minutes of silence>"

For a fun run they take it very seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Why does he have to pronounce marathon the way he does, does he say it that way when he asks for one in the shop ?

I think they're called Snickers now. ;)

We will have to tag our Rosanna when she runs next year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Womens mini-marathon............again! :eek: ffs Joe, she cheated get over it!

Who's playing at the Eucharistic gig on 252? Seeing as it's RTE it's Jedward I suppose.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So whats this about, did Rosana Davidson have a ringer?

"There was wimmin in the sea"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That_Guy wrote: »
    I think they're called Snickers now. ;)

LOL, I'm way behind !

europa11 wrote: »
    Who's playing at the Eucharistic gig on 252? Seeing as it's RTE it's Jedward I suppose.:rolleyes:

Napalm Death are on stage at two

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joe must have a serious horn for Rosanna the way he defends her. Normally I'd say he wouldn't have a hope in hell but Rosie does have previous with men of money.......although a private jet to Marrakesh is a little more exciting than a trip to Clontarf in a fire engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

syklops wrote: »
    "She ran out in front of me <5 minutes of silence>"

That's a sign that either Joe doesn't agree with you, or joe isn't interested in this topic. It's like a little strop from Joe.

Fight Fight Fight

ISPCA caller "I really don't want anyone to think we're back-tracking"

....sez he..backtracking like mad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Could there be more than one Rosanna Davidson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

my friend wrote: »

Hope he doesn't. At the promo during the Ronan Collins Show he referred to the Euro Championships as the "World Cup" several times. Collins corrected him on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement