Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

surferdudz wrote: »
    €10.00 into HIS HAND!!! neatly by - passing the revenue commissioners,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I work in catering and when they say that it means that they get the €10 into his hand but employer pays the taxes/USC etc so that he nets the €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

neris wrote: »
    Disability benefits must be the biggest scam in the welfare system

Worked in a pub a few years ago which we called 'Little Loudres' owing to the huge number of crutches etc left behind by patrons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Big time. I know a couple, both living together on disability and both work. She's claming single mothers too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

A fondness for the bottle can qualify you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

my friend wrote: »
    A fondness for the bottle can qualify you.

Or being a fattie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Maybe if your one was willing to pay a bit more...

c_man wrote: »

Worked in a pub a few years ago which we called 'Little Lourdes' owing to the huge number of crutches etc left behind by patrons.

Lmao! Brilliant

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Big time. I know a couple, both living together on disability and both work. She's claming single mothers too.

I know a man who...

Methadone is free

What gives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

what must the IMF think of us ...we live in a benefits paradise it seems..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Hi lads, was away the last few days working.. but I read the ESRI report yesterday and packed in the job, so I'll be here every day from now on... (bar one Tuesday every month)

We had a part time staff a few years ago who was and still is on social. Can only work 20 hours a week. We offered them a full time job. Flatly refused coz theyd loose their rent allowance, medical card and the other handouts.

Is there really a lot of job vacancies going unfilled? I thought there was hundreds of applications for every job.

When the Defence Forces advertised some vacancies recently there were thousands and thousands of applicants weren't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

i know Joe, ..............lets reduce taxes , and increase benefits , winning formula! why didnt we think of it before..............

That tv show shameless was very close to the bones of. The social welfare scamming that goes on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

c_man wrote: »
    Worked in a pub a few years ago which we called 'Little Loudres' owing to the huge number of crutches etc left behind by patrons.
    the-simpsons-homer-to-alcohol.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

my friend wrote: »
    Methadone is free

What gives?

Hi Kids, Dont buy drugs! Become a welfare recipient and they will give them to you for free!

The asst manager of a large hotel tells me that the chambermaids will only work 19 hours a week as to do more would hit their FIS and social housing...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does the back to work allowance not cover going back to work and the drop in benefits or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Report them!!

• Advertisement

Is there really a lot of job vacancies going unfilled? I thought there was hundreds of applications for every job.

When the Defence Forces advertised some vacancies recently there were thousands and thousands of applicants weren't there?

I know two lithuanians one works in a warehouse other in a fish factory. Both their employers are looking for staff and their telling their friends back in lithuania who are coming over coz the irish wont do the work or apply for the jobs

Can people stop saying pounds when talking bout money. Weve been in the euro ten years now

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Weve been in the euro ten years now

We might not make the next ten!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The Government has driven out all of the people with enterprise, and all of the brightest of our graduates... And they've done everything to make sure that public servants and people on benefits stay in the country.. Well done well done.

I know two lithuanians one works in a warehouse other in a fish factory. Both their employers are looking for staff and their telling their friends back in lithuania who are coming over coz the irish wont do the work or apply for the jobs

You'd have to ask yourself how bad the wages and conditions are that people aren't willing to apply for the jobs unless they come from a dirt poor former eastern bloc country.

Of course hes getting bored in stuck in all day joe. He probably doesnt have the lovely sea views that you have over dolly mount and bull island from your front room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

who is this guy. plant trees, the answer to all our problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Can people stop saying pounds when talking bout money. Weve been in the euro ten years now

when we switch back to the pound they will say euro - just to annoy you.

Is Joe just ignoring the fact that the ESRI have disowned the "findings" of this "report"?

He's ploughing ahead as if the whole thing is gospel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Can people stop saying 'powend' when talking bout money. Weve been in the euro ten years now

FYP :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement