Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

You'd have to ask yourself how bad the wages and conditions are that people aren't willing to apply for the jobs unless they come from a dirt poor former eastern bloc country.

Both get over €9 an hour. Hours arent the best sometimes but they do a 40 hour week and overtimes paid if they do more. The lad in the fish factory gets a load of free fish aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

He's ploughing ahead as if the whole thing is gospel.

Empirical evidence would suggest it's not too far off the truth.

work the course of the drinkin' classes huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

picking weeds!?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Anyone remember Frank Rizzo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

De Nero speaks the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

im sure the guy from new york done a pizza ad at some stage, that voice is familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is that Des Bishop ?

Someone asks your man, what do you do? "I'm a Janitor".....SILENCE...:p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Was the american dude one of you lot messing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Is Joe just ignoring the fact that the ESRI have disowned the "findings" of this "report"?

He's ploughing ahead as if the whole thing is gospel.

The fact is that it's findings would be worse if analysed using 2012 figures, much of the data used is from 2005

Things are actually much worse for low paid workers now versus those that refuse to take such work

So, the findings if based on today's figures would actually cause a riot.

• Advertisement

i think it was a bagel ad he done, not pizza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Report them!!

Maybe I did!

The problem with most people on ddisability, it doesn't mean you can't do anything. You can't do some kinds of manual labour, that's it.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    padd b1975 wrote: »
    Report them!!

Maybe I did!

The problem with most people on ddisability, it doesn't mean you can't do anything. You can't do some kinds of manual labour, that's it.

Yes, anything involving them breaking a sweat, if only Giles or Dunphy would shuffle off they would have the job that they feel they are entitled to have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

Joe " I'm sure people can TRANSCEND that...." WTF???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone here on boards ever been in love? If so love letters will warm your heart :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

pc7 wrote: »
    Anyone here on boards ever been in love? If so love letters will warm your heart :rolleyes:

I thought all the boards.ie romantics hung out on After Hours..

there ARE too many benefits...it taks an irish man commuting to germany to state the obvious...............there's Joe D looking for someone to BLAME!!!

I thought all the boards.ie romantics hung out on After Hours..

They fight for the title with the Zombie crew :D

surferdudz wrote: »
    there ARE too many benefits...it taks an irish man commuting to germany to state the obvious..

There should never be ANY situation under which a man who works earns less than a man who does not work... It sends the worst possible message, and is completely counter productive from the State's point of view..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This is a man on the line?

Jaysus I thought it was a woman!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

syklops wrote: »
    This is a man on the line?

Jaysus I thought it was a woman!

Lol, thought the same myself for a while there! Nearly thought Joe was going to refer to him as "love" or "chicken".

Maybe they don't want a Rep that sounds like he was hanging from his testicles all night....

If this guy uses ONE more fkn metaphor...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

gonna be hard to get a job with a bullet in his foot and his throat cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

Does that shîtbag Duffy really have to talk over EVERY guest?

this from a woman phoning from work - "cut the nonsense of the social welfare system",,,,,,,,,,,,,,smug cow

knock of that mobile :D

i like what yer wan Angela is sayin...., there ARE LOADS of spongers around,,,,and the system is wrong...ask any one who works in the social welfate office.........

why is joe attacking Angela..................

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

works in a GP surgery and is whining about spongers , GP,s have a protected income to a degree which would make your eyes water

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement