Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Briefly, I'm way behind on breaks"...

then he goes straight to a break :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

surferdudz wrote: »
    why is joe attacking Angela..................

To show his solidarity with de (non)wukkin' classes and boost his Man-o'de-peeple credentials. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I do think they need to restructure social welfare payments. No problem with dole, although I do think it's a little on the high side considering the state we're in. But single mothers allowance? WTF is that about?

However, what they really need to clamp down on is nixers. There's a huge amount of tax not paid in this country due to cash jobs. The country is rampant with tax evasion, it's ain't just Mick Wallace!

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

something tells me this guys story is a well spun yarn , young fresh out of school eighteen year olds are at their most idealistic , if the story is true , then this country is in worse shape than i ever imagined and cynicism has won the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was in the dole office once, just after I lost my job. I don't want to sound like a snob, but after 20 minutes queuing in there I decided 'I don't belong in this place'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

PauloMN wrote: »
    I do think they need to restructure social welfare payments. No problem with dole, although I do think it's a little on the high side considering the state we're in. But single mothers allowance? WTF is that about?

However, what they really need to clamp down on is nixers. There's a huge amount of tax not paid in this country due to cash jobs. The country is rampant with tax evasion, it's ain't just Mick Wallace!

a mate of mine was getting 184 or watever it is, then he got assesed and he's getting 38 euro a week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

tears??

fund???

tears??

fund???

nah, after julie yesterday, the fund is knackered

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

a mate of mine was getting 184 or watever it is, then he got assesed and he's getting 38 euro a week now.

What income does he have that caused such a steep drop when he was assessed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

The banks threw money at him? He didnt have to take it!

• Advertisement

"Shure the bank were throwing money at everybody. shure everybody was doing it. "

I hope this man doesnt ever walk past somebody putting their hand in the fire..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"The banks threw money at me"

No they didn't. They offered it to you, without thinking of the potential consequences. And you took it... without thinking of the potential consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I do agree with you in principal....but.....

Recently I had a minor problem that I needed a plumber to sort out. I rang a local plumbing company. They wanted 80 quid to come out before they even looked at it, in total as a rough estimate it was going to cost around €200.

I then rang a mate of a mate - he did it as a nixer for €40.

keep the faith....

the leaving cert is really tough this year IMO, ( imagine this times 3 ...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

"Shure the bank were throwing money at everybody. shure everybody was doing it. "

I hope this man doesnt ever walk past somebody putting their hand in the fire..

i hope there aren't any Nigerian princes listening - he'll be flooded with offers of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

RayM wrote: »
    "The banks threw money at me"

No they didn't. They offered it to you, without thinking of the potential consequences. And you took it... without thinking of the potential consequences.

Shut up, it was the banks fault. Didn't you hear? They threw it at him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

the leaving cert is really tough this year IMO, ( imagine this times 3 ...)

Wait until its time to pay the registration charge for College, Joe will make sure that topic is covered.

What income does he have that caused such a steep drop when he was assessed?

he has none, i've never asked but his wife is working so i guess he was assesed on her wages, now i dont know how much she earns but its in a shop so i guess it would be a fairly standard wage

the dole isn't meant to be a picnic btw...life is tough as a low earner too

pc7 wrote: »
    Wait until its time to pay the registration charge for College, Joe will make sure that topic is covered.

earlier than expected...

• Advertisement

scargill wrote: »
    I do agree with you in principal....but.....

Recently I had a minor problem that I needed a plumber to sort out. I rang a local plumbing company. They wanted 80 quid to come out before they even looked at it, in total as a rough estimate it was going to cost around €200.

I then rang a mate of a mate - he did it as a nixer for €40.

keep the faith....

Yeah I see that. You're not comparing like with like there though, your mate could done it for not much more than €40 even being tax compliant. Anyway, I'm not really talking about small scale "my mate did this for me" stuff. I'm talking about proper companies who operate partially within the tax system, but have other lines/sources that operate outside the tax system. I'm talking about thousands of € of lost revenue.

see how compassionate joe sounds in about 2mins :D

he has none, i've never asked but his wife is working so i guess he was assesed on her wages, now i dont know how much she earns but its in a shop so i guess it would be a fairly standard wage

Well I guess they need to prioritise the limited money available. There's another income coming into the house, that's life, not much he can do about that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

She had me until the phone credit!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

If I hear another person talking about lunch money or "I cant even go for a drink":(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭JoeGil

The tiger spent a decade making millionaires for phony land deals and other assorted madness and shady deals.
    Now it's the unemployed who are apparently the problem. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Phone credit? She's lucky the show just finished before she made an even bigger fool of herself.

"I see the story of Peter from Dublin, and Paul from Wexford"

Is that story about somebody who stole from Peter to pay Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

More whinging

• Advertisement

It's not the State's fault you got yourself pregnant twice... Why did you think about this before you had children or just use contraception.. ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement