Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

As if teachers don't get enough with their huge pensions and long holidays, give something to charity instead of people who get well compensated for their work.

its only primary teachers that get gifts. secondary get abuse.

the gifts can be quite lavish.

Joe has recently become an expert on school books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Fuinseog wrote: »
    its only primary teachers that get gifts. secondary get abuse.

the gifts can be quite lavish.

Joe has recently become an expert on school books

why do teachers need extra gifts? I hope they're declaring them for tax purposes

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

That teacher sounds like a right pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"Give a little card-een for teacher"

Visa....Mastercard.....AmEX.....

Another "pounds" man. :rolleyes:

Chuggers will take anything I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hate all this "teachers aren't appreciated enough" huge sense of misplaced entitlement, what do yo call big salaries, working around half the year and a huge pensions ffs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

europa11 wrote: »
    Another "pounds" man. :rolleyes:

I'm going to be controversial, but I hate "euros", as in 20 euros.

BTW current caller, that part of the quays at rush hour moves quite fast compared to the rest of quays, and yourself and Joe, stick it's fairly safe up your ass, try cycling down it you idiots.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

LOL was getting bored listening and noticed the tags, they crack me up everytime. Good therapy to read them daily :D

eta "where did they touch you" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

trying to slow motorists down Joe...its a disgrace Joe...

Hate all this "teachers aren't appreciated enough" huge sense of misplaced entitlement, what do yo call big salaries, working around half the year and a huge pensions ffs?[/QUOTE]

Apart from teaching, and make that four months a year and I'd say a job in RTE? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

surferdudz wrote: »
    is EVERYONE on the sick??

Has anyone on "The Sick" ever actually got well? From what I see once you go On The Sick you stay on it for life or at least until move to the OAP.
    We must have a lot of very incompetent GP's out there .... thought we were supposed to train the best doctors in the world :) - clearly they have a very poor success rate! :confused:

"undertaking" on the motorway.

No matter what the subject, he always manages to get a reference to death in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Callan57 wrote: »
    Has anyone on "The Sick" ever actually got well? From what I see once you go On The Sick you stay on it for life or at least until move to the OAP.
    We must have a lot of very incompetent GP's out there .... thought we were supposed to tain the best doctors in the world :) - clearly they have a very poor success rate! :confused:

getting on the sick is a big winner, once on there will be no questions asked for along time, sometime years ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

if car A is travelling at 100KPH, decides to overtake , and car B was travelling at 100 KPH in the opposite direction, at what point will they coillide?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Bollix! Man with angle grinder stopped so peace reigned and listenability greatly improved. Now a fupping digger or something's started up and every few seconds its damn loud reverse beeper kicks in. GRRRRRRRRR!!!

there are sped cameras on the secondary roads. they are hidden in the trees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

signostic wrote: »
    getting on the sick is a big winner, once on there will be no questions asked for along time, sometime years ...

Not being sick at all is an even bigger winner, frankly.

Wait until the sting has finished, Joe, before opening your gob!

Ooh, it's "Agree with everyone" Guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

In the meantime someone else longer on the list is getting bumped further down because of busy body Joe and his harranging of the social protection guys.

I hope social welfare will meet breda off the bus in waterford. its the least they can do.

• Advertisement

Caller "I agree with everything that everyone has said so far"

Who is this, Bertie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe using this guy to bring the show to a safe halt.

RayM wrote: »
    Not being sick at all is an even bigger winner, frankly.

not in this country. you will get everything handed to you while on the sick.

withless wrote: »
    Joe using this guy to bring the show to a safe halt.

And we might even have time for yet another brake.

(....sorry!) ;)

A mate got snapped speeding but got off because the summons said he'd been snapped in two locations 25km apart at the same time! Shoddy paperwork, Joe, it's a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,103 ✭✭✭Technocentral

europa11 wrote: »
    Hate all this "teachers aren't appreciated enough" huge sense of misplaced entitlement, what do yo call big salaries, working around half the year and a huge pensions ffs?[/QUOTE]

Apart from teaching, and make that four months a year and I'd say a job in RTE? :D

At least the likes of Joe and Marian don't complain all the time like teachers! I have two friends who are teachers and whenever they start moaning about increments I remind them of the 21 days holidays and unpaid overtime I have to contend with in the private sector, one of them spent 5 weeks in the US and Argentina last year the other travelled in central America for a month and is taking a 2 year "career break" next year, after which he can just slip back into his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

not in this country. you will get everything handed to you while on the sick.

Even if it was true that you "get everything handed to you" while on the sick (it's not true, incidentally), it's still infinitely better not to be sick at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

RayM wrote: »
    Even if it was true that you "get everything handed to you" while on the sick (it's not true, incidentally), it's still infinitely better not to be sick at all.

I don't doubt it is better not to sick, I just ask if anyone has heard of anyone ever coming off "The Sick" other than to move to the Old Age Pension? Personally I have never come across anyone who was on the sick and is now back in gainful employment & I just query the apparent lack of successful medical outcome.

Callan57 wrote: »
    I don't doubt it is better not to sick, I just ask if anyone has heard of anyone ever coming off "The Sick" other than to move to the Old Age Pension? Personally I have never come across anyone who was on the sick and is now back in gainful employment & I just query the apparent lack of successful medical outcome.

the area of Dublin I live in is full of folks like frank Gallagher and the dude from the Royal Family. they can actually work but have been living off the system for so long they could not be bothered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

the area of Dublin I live in is full of folks like frank Gallagher and the dude from the Royal Family. they can actually work but have been living off the system for so long they could not be bothered.

And Frank Gallagher is the poster boy for that kind of living. Also its been so long the prob couldn't work and would end up out of a job in less than a week. They need intervention after about 6 months on "the sick" rather then 10 years of no one in the social asking them some questions about why they are not work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement