Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 222 ✭✭bee_keeper

this lady has a private pension yet cant afford to go to the doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Moan moan f****** moan.

What you doin with so many kettles in your garage, ya weirdo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

bee_keeper wrote: »
    seriously? a small private pension that was taken from source is a luxury or something?

its a joke that the goverment are basically taking a years pension off people when they themselves qualify for mega pensions from the age of 50.

What are these "benefits" that all the callers keep refering to? Tell me more.

theese people remind me of grandpa simpson , they just want someone to listen to their story

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

theese people remind me of grandpa simpson , they just want someone to listen to their story

You do understand that its a phone IN show?...kinda the whole point.

Jaysoose wrote: »
    seriously? a small private pension that was taken from source is a luxury or something?

its a joke that the goverment are basically taking a years pension off people when they themselves qualify for mega pensions from the age of 50.

the state pension is very generous in this country but i thought retirement age was not to change for another few years yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

A private pension of approx 25k a year, according to her. Not exactly a fortune. Don't equate "private" with "loaded".

This will affect everyone, and will get worse over time. By the time I retire, the state pension will kick in at 68, leaving a 3-year gap to fund by whatever private pension arrangements I'll have made by then. Luckily I've more than 20 years to go, but folks who are on the cusp of retiring now are getting ganked by the change in state pension age.
    the state pension is very generous in this country but i thought retirement age was not to change for another few years yet

12k a year isn't a whole lot to live on. You might exist on it, but not exactly be able to enjoy your retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

From the 49ers (yawn) straight into cancer. Misery, misery, misery. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 82,341 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This topic again, why? No update on any legislation just day by day sob stories clogging up the show. Oh wait...

• Advertisement

This was initially about her pension and now Duffy has turned it into her vs the state

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I have to say I was afraid he'd cover the scandal into children in the care of the HSE, but I can't listen to it anymore its awful stuff. I think if Joe gets onto it, it won't be dealt with properly and he may end up on Artane.
    Id rather some lighthearted topics like parking outside the Nigerian Embassy.

Yakuza wrote: »
    A private pension of approx 25k a year, according to her. Not exactly a fortune. Don't equate "private" with "loaded".

This will affect everyone, and will get worse over time. By the time I retire, the state pension will kick in at 68, leaving a 3-year gap to fund by whatever private pension arrangements I'll have made by then. Luckily I've more than 20 years to go, but folks who are on the cusp of retiring now are getting ganked by the change in state pension age.

12k a year isn't a whole lot to live on. You might exist on it, but not exactly be able to enjoy your retirement.

when you include a long list of extra entitlements , its more than 12 k , its double what they get in the uk

as for those who are retiring now , pensioners today live in a golden age , by the time you retire in twenty years , dont expect anything near the same generosity from the state

All the 49ers calling up "ah it's not the staff in the welfare offices, they're great" - they are not great, if they got their fingers out of their a..... the system might be more efficient

Oh Joe "redress board" Duffy, SHUT IT WILL YA !

Duffy keeps pushing it and she just wants to talk about her pension (what she called up about) Duffy stop being a clown

vicwatson wrote: »
    All the 49ers calling up "ah it's not the staff in the welfare offices, they're great" - they are not great, if they got their fingers out of their a..... the system might be more efficient

public servants and pensioners , JD,s top sacred cows

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What's is Joes agenda on this? He keeps going back to the hospital?

Duffy and his "not that our calls will make any difference" - THEN WHY THE HELL MAKE THE CALLS SO grr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Looks like I missed the misery slot........well the first one of the day I should say. ;)

• Advertisement

europa11 wrote: »
    Looks like I missed the misery slot........well the first one of the day I should say. ;)

Yeh, this is about a gatso van hiding behind your mans charity sign, he's not happy !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Move the fcuking thermometer problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"We all talk about death"

Boy, did he just ring in to right show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

sat nav ...a distraction :confused:

Move the fcuking thermometer problem solved

Put it in front of the gatso van :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

signostic wrote: »
    sat nav ...a distraction :confused:

Becoming angry listening to Joe Duffy's afternoon soapbox.. that's a distraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Can we have no mentions of colons while I'm eating my cheese sandwich please.. :(

lol Joe trying to hurry her on here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"don't mention anyone's name, I know you're not going to..." :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Why say you know she won't name anyone just after you warned her...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement