Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

ohioamblyoperegistry.jpg?w=450

the patch problem is getting worse joe..

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

ppink wrote: »
    Some people are desparate and some are not as smart as you maybe...calling them Fools is a little harsh.

They're just desperate people who are not smart. That better?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Some people are desparate and some are not as smart as you maybe...calling them Fools is a little harsh.

Ah come on now, you would have to be foolish to believe that someone claims they know what's going to happen in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Joe knows what he's talking about, IT experts from Ulsterbank are on line 2 to ask Joes advice on how to get the main frame back online.
    If this was a film, we'd now get a shot of Joe trying to hack into the mainframe, when a window pops up "Access denied"

those who act foolishly can be described as fools...for however long their foolish actions take..now lets not continue with this ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Psychogenic Fugue

Joe will have to bring his payslip with him to the Ulster bank to get his €7,600 this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Shut up and stop guilting people into giving a few quid for you packing the bags badly.

wrecks my buzz having to give some spotty oik some of my change to put the eggs and bread at the bottom of my bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ah come on now, you would have to be foolish to believe that someone claims they know what's going to happen in the future.

I dunno....some people are not as well educated as others and are desparate....call them Fools if you like but it does not sit well with me. Some cant help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont like those shoppers .. it's sort of implied that if you dont give them anything that you're a miserable b*stard.... Now, I am a miserable b*stard, but I dont want all the people in the queue behind me to know that..

God these bag packers really bug me.

I have 2/3 charities I donate to every year. I'm on a limited budget so I can't be giving money randomly to every person that asks.

This woman says they say "fine" when people don't donate but I have found a lot of collectors very snarky when you don't donate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Shut up and stop guilting people into giving a few quid for you packing the bags badly.

wrecks my buzz having to give some spotty oik some of my change to put the eggs and bread at the bottom of my bag.

Another reason to shop in Aldi or Lidl. You never get these bag packer guys there.

put the eggs and bread at the bottom of my bag.

They always stick the yogurts down the bottom, and then put the heavy stuff, like bottles, on top.

So this teacher that is at home and bored reckons gifts are good...hmmmmkay.

oh you try and be kind to the kids...as opposed to being horrible..you want to be lauded for not being nasty to them.

pffft

I dunno....some people are not as well educated as others and are desparate....call them Fools if you like but it does not sit well with me. Some cant help it.

From now on, I will call them "the uneducated desperate".

look the description of fool,which i was describing the liveline callers with,applies correctly.
    i really dont know what your problem with the word is.

do you not know any fools no?

She wants to be paid for talking to the kids when she meets them in the supermarket????

I wont let them pack my bags now and dont donate anymore either. Drives me mad when ALL the checkouts have these packers at them:rolleyes:

Being kind to the children is NOT going over and above. You get paid very VERY well for the job you do, you do not need kick backs on top of that.

From now on, I will call them "the uneducated desperate".

:D

Cayman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Another reason to shop in Aldi or Lidl. You never get these bag packer guys there.

There's nearly always some chugger (of, shall we say, south eastern European origin) outside the Lidl near me, in Coolock, wearing a bib for some charity I've never heard of. I don't engage with them so I've no idea whether it's legit or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Being nice to children is an extra for this one.

So if you dont get a present, you won't be kind to your students? Lovely!

lol this guy sounds like every "IT Expert" i have encountered...full of sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Psychogenic Fugue

run/dos/run

jooooooooooooooooooooooe...duffy..

noooooooooooooooooooooo.....cluey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Joe needs a puppet show to explain what a "patch" is

"Our patches always work Joe"

Well if you wrote your software properly, you wouldnt need to patch it smart ar*e

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I would not have felt safe with this "expert" looking after airline security :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

lol this guy sounds like every "IT Expert" i have encountered...full of sheet.

thats me :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement