Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That auld technology, shocking altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

pc7 wrote: »
    No way and you didn't mention any of our Bingo words, its a rule Caimin a rule, you are now to be banned and flogged from the Live Lahnnnnn thread :mad: we've been trying for ages to get someone on but cunning Joe has always been one step ahead!

:P

I'll be honest - me and the guy I share an office with have a pact that if we ever got on, we'd say "hows the leg" - but the second guy started talking and then a researcher came on the line and said "thanks, that's you done now"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

tbh wrote: »
    I'll be honest - me and the guy I share an office with have a pact that if we ever got on, we'd say "hows the leg" - but the second guy started talking and then a researcher came on the line and said "thanks, that's you done now"

we will forgive you if you get on next week and do say "hows the leg" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Now I can see why he sticks to death and misery, he's way out of his depth with anything else. JonathanAnon, I think we have to add you to that list also.

Hah... I work in IT... I would consider the term "patch" to be separate from upgrade. although the term is abused by companies like Microsoft who rebrand patches for bug fixes as "security upgrades" or similar more palatable terms..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You'll hit the roof if you're asked for ID? Go way down the yard with ya!

• Advertisement

ppink wrote: »
    U should have warned us:)

i'd say from sending the email to going on was about 2 mins, never thought they'd want me to talk on air..I'll have to make up a name now and try again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This caller going to start another Duffy inspired run on the banks, the banks don't have any money to give you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Was just about to post "shame on you for not asking about his leg"
    Ring up about getting hit by an uninsured driver next week and say it, you're on their system now

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

This woman is un-interuptable.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

i'd say from sending the email to going on was about 2 mins, never thought they'd want me to talk on air..I'll have to make up a name now and try again

You gave your real name? So we know now you are called Caimin, work in IT, giving away too much, the interweb is full of weirdos don't you know!

• Advertisement

You gave your real name? So we know now you are called Caimin, work in IT, giving away too much the interweb is full of weirdos don't you know!

come at me, bro. Ah no seriously, first thing I thought of when I got off the phone was "I bet they've ripped me to shreds on the liveline thread" - had to reveal myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

You gave your real name? So we know now you are called Caimin, work in IT, giving away too much the interweb is full of weirdos don't you know!

We can all stalk tbh now.
    Do you work at a company with the initals CP?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

What is essentially wrong with TV3 showing this? Enough BS can be found on all TV stations, including dear ol RTE.

Joe, being the nanny state defender, would not accept such a simple answer,though.

come at me, bro. Ah no seriously, first thing I thought of when I got off the phone was "I bet they've ripped me to shreds on the liveline thread" - had to reveal myself :D

Fair play, well done, well done, god bless

You are hero to me for getting on, they just ignore my texts and mails :o

Paparazzo wrote: »
    We can all stalk tbh now.
    Do you work at a company with the initals CP?

no - I'm the other caimin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

tbh have you an admission to make about Ulster Bank mainframe/patch/upgrade/system ..................I see under your name you have this written

Ah sure no-one will notice, it's grand

i think everyone noticed:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Oh lord, terrified of de tinternet. Your account is not being put onto the internet, it's in the same place as every other account in your bank. There isn't a special section within the bank where people only manage your account using paper and pens.

But I'd bet accounts are marked in some way as being accessible from the internet, or only via the internal network of the bank. So her account isn't accessible from the bank's online banking solution, and so she's right (in a way) in that her account isn't (available) "on the internet".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The account is held in the same database, regardless if it's accessible on the internet or not.

ppink wrote: »
    tbh have you an admission to make about Ulster Bank mainframe/patch/upgrade/system ..................I see under your name you have this written

Ah sure no-one will notice, it's grand

i think everyone noticed:P

I'm with UB and I was due to be paid today - believe me, if I did work for them I'd have sorted meself out :D

procedure if anyones interested: I heard someone talking about a patch and the term was greeted with confusion, so emailed the show and explained what the term meant. got a mail back asking for my numer - sent it, and got a call asking would I go on and explain. So I said yeah, and they said they'd call me back. Got a call back about five minutes later and was put through - heard most of the previous conversation, like listening to the radio, other caller sounded like she was on the phone and joe sounded like he normally does. Then he just started talking, I said my bit and he said "stay on the line" while he talked to the next caller...listened to that for a bit, and then the line seemed to go dead, and a researcher came on and said "we'll let you go now, thanks very much"

personal abuse :mad:

Ooppss .. sorry :o

I'm prepared to pull your section out of the liveline podcast and upload it so that we call all hear it again, to make it up to you.. :-)

• Advertisement

Ooppss .. sorry :o

I'm prepared to pull your section out of the liveline podcast and upload it so that we call all hear it again, to make it up to you.. :-)

:) yeah, that'd be great, thanks.

:) yeah, that'd be great, thanks.

It would have been funny if you'd said..

tbh: "Joe, I knew in advance that Ulster Bank were gonna have issues this week"..
    Joe: "how did you know that?"
    tbh: "I rang Psychics Reading Live on Tuesday night and Psychic Wayne told me that could see financial problems in the future"..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

The account is held in the same database, regardless if it's accessible on the internet or not.

Yes, but if she can't get to it from the internet, from her point of view, "it's not on de internet".

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What's the story with Duffy and Boards? I often see references that suggest he hates the site but never knew what for.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Paully D wrote: »
    What's the story with Duffy and Boards? I often see references that suggest he hates the site but never knew what for.

Cheers :)

Can't imagine after all he gets such daily praise and kudos here :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is going to have a field day with Greyhound next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

He is going to have a field day with Greyhound next week

yeah looks like it, i could be wrong but i seem to remember he said that poor auld mrs duffy was effected last time, when they didnt collect her bins, i'm sure somebody will correct me,

Either way i bet he's at home salivating at the mouth waiting for 1.45 tomorrow.

tbh's moment of glory...

No mention of the trainset or the leg (for maximum Liveline thread bonus bingo word points). :(

As a follow up to the above, I'm happy to say that myself and tbh have patched things up...
    After all, Caiman... no man is an island... :D:D .. I'm sure you've never heard that one before..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The Merrion Inn was mentioned before by Joe as an 'RTE pub' wasn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement