Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

"Chatting to the drunks"......That's me so!.....lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"They were chatting to the drunks"

God fúcking forbid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

"lager louts"

feckin' snob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ahh, piss off Mowena ye moany auld geebag :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

it's called a Stag Party love.

apparently the French do not party or have fun.

she has been here thirty years and still has no understanding of our culture. I would say she is really popular with her students and probably reminds them on a daily basis how inferior they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Aaaaaand it's now moved on to scumbag bashing. Well played Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Quiet night in Paris

Paris%20riots.jpg

Paris-riots-Reuters-5474081.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Nothing nicer than having a few cans on a train heading off for the weekend
    100% agree, no issues there. It's when the carriage is half-full of drunken ar5eholes "sharing" their sh1tty music and creating an intimidating atmosphere is what I have an issue with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Morwena needs to get a thicker skin or else go back to France where everything is fine and dandy (although I doubt she'd be earning half as much money lecturing over there).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mowena is right. They should be tasered and when taken off pepper sprayed.

• Advertisement

more tales of woe tomorrow as we hear more on how the luas, o'connell street and Temple Bar, actually any public place in Dublin, have become no go area.
    maybe the army should be deployed to the streets?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Morwena needs to get a thicker skin or else go back to France where everything is fine and dandy (although I doubt she'd be earning half as much money lecturing over there).

How do you reckon it's her that has to address something? She's spot on in what she says.

glad to get the money and glad to sneer at the Irish at the same time. she definitely isn't the sharpest tool in the box. she basically says NUIG (rag week galway, riots etc) are a bunch of wasters.

Mowena is right. They should be tasered and when taken off pepper sprayed.

there are killjoys out there who give you a dirty look if you drinking a single beer.

PauloMN wrote: »
    How do you reckon it's her that has to address something? She's spot on in what she says.

I think the problem here is the lack of any type of security on the trains, It really is up to IR to ensure that getting from A to B is comfortable for EVERYONE.

Train tickets are dear enough to pay for a presence of some sort of security. Thus all passengers happy. :)

Not exactly rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Fuinseog wrote: »
    there are killjoys out there who give you a dirty look if you drinking a single beer.

That's one thing but there is a time and place for raucousness and on a train mob handed with a slab of beer isn't one of them.

PauloMN wrote: »

I've been on plenty of train journeys where people have been having a few drinks and a bit of craic. 99% of the time, there's no harm in them.
    Morwena sounds like the sort of person who goes out of her way to be offended by things.

I've been on plenty of train journeys where people have been having a few drinks and a bit of craic. 99% of the time, there's no harm in them.
    Morwena sounds like the sort of person who goes out of her way to be offended by things.

I wonder how the students will react to her (in a few weeks) on a Monday morning?....:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sometimes one group of people's idea of "craic" is not that of everybody else.

I've often been on the train and had a little drinkie and the hang samadiges and no problem, but the mass riot mentality is ridiculous and should not have to be endured by anyone......So, put a couple of big lads alongside (with a bit of cop on) and the whole train ends up happy!....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

When I was in Paris last January, I saw a man in the square in front of Notre Dame Cathedral peeing into a flower bed in broad daylight in front of hundreds of tourists. So much for French good behaviour.

PS tho' maybe he was a tourist too, but I'd prefer to believe he was French for whatabouterrey purposes. Also, no police around to stop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 arg2011

For a long time I would just say, "switch off if you don't like" but I was trapped listening to this awful programme yesterday. Why give this woman any airtime? Check your visas/passports and if they are not valid or in line with requirements, it's your own fault. So why give such an idiot any airtime?
    Off with their heads, I say!

I've often been on the train and had a little drinkie and the hang samadiges and no problem, but the mass riot mentality is ridiculous and should not have to be endured by anyone......So, put a couple of big lads alongside (with a bit of cop on) and the whole train ends up happy!....

she was trying to give us the impression that kind of thing does not happen in France. I wonder what a French train full of football supporters would be like?

Degringola wrote: »
    When I was in Paris last January, I saw a man in the square in front of Notre Dame Cathedral peeing into a flower bed in broad daylight in front of hundreds of tourists. So much for French good behaviour.

PS tho' maybe he was a tourist too, but I'd prefer to believe he was French for whatabouterrey purposes. Also, no police around to stop him.

French tourist here are notorious for pissing on he side of the road. they simply do not care. Madame professor should consider such things before talking to joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

ARe we in for another gore-fest today? Should I hurry up and have me lunch?!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

I think for now we are ok ...

more financial sh*te ... jesus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

sudzs wrote: »
    ARe we in for another gore-fest today? Should I hurry up and have me lunch?!!

started off like its gonna be a snore-fest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Suicide Line today... :rolleyes:

He had no money but he drank 3 bottles of wine a night? That's some trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh I am SO pleased to be stuck into watching tennis, with golf to return on the other channel, and keeping an eye on the Round Ireland results - I have no brainspace for Joe and his rubbish :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement