Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread (02/05/2012 to 25/07/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

I bet Joe will be back tomorrow, theres only room for 1 leg-end running this show.

No he won't :D

fat-man-taking-nap-at-beach.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

People who say "in this day and age" and "why wasn't there a contingency plan" don't work in IT and production support to understand why this may take so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

No sign of tbh today... Did Ulster Bank bring him in after his five minutes of fame on de Liveline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

pc7 wrote: »
    'Atm machine' Where's Ivy she wont be happy!
    Looking for her PIN number? Sending an SMS message? Adding more RAM memory to her computer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

europa11 wrote: »
    No he won't :D

fat-man-taking-nap-at-beach.jpg

Joe is an ale man?
    Thought he would have one of these in his hand
    Daiquiri.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Ulster Bank and the RBS have gotten a very easy ride from the media, its disgraceful what has been going on for the past three weeks.

If it was a 100% government run bank with civil servents working in it, it would be headline news every day since it started 2 weeks ago.

It's gone beyond the stage of fines.. I think if throwing money at it would sort it out, they would have done it at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,336 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A guy up in Castlewellan had no problem withdrawing this morning although he did use a shooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Paparazzo wrote: »
    If it was a 100% government run bank with civil servents working in it, it would be headline news every day since it started 2 weeks ago.
    This is basically how the HSE runs all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

ThisRegard wrote: »
    People who say "in this day and age" and "why wasn't there a contingency plan" don't work in IT and production support to understand why this may take so long.

I *do* work in IT and I am aghast at how royal and monumental a fúck-up this is. Their software and data should have been backed up to kingdom come and any glitch should only have taken a few days to sort out. Something has gone badly wrong with their internal change control systems to for this to have taken such a long time to fix (or attempt to fix, as they aren't out of the woods yet).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

no signostic i'd say this is whats on his poolside table:

373027_80658834118_1104146500_n.jpg

Wonder how the guy who installed the wrong patch feels?

Yakuza wrote: »
    I *do* work in IT and I am aghast at how royal and monumental a fúck-up this is. Their software and data should have been backed up to kingdom come and any glitch should only have taken a few days to sort out. Something has gone badly wrong with their internal change control systems to for this to have taken such a long time to fix (or attempt to fix, as they aren't out of the woods yet).
    The notion that they haven't been shi!tting bricks trying to fix this for 2 weeks is what I find amusing. This could finish them in this country.

I'd say he's feeling more and more confident that his book will sell..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yakuza wrote: »

In a normal batch failure maybe, but from from the explanation I've heard I can understand why it's taking so long. You would have job failures all the time and the end users are never aware but an operator made a might balls of things after the initial failure.

Probably mightily relieved as the problems now are most likely nothing to do with him.

The notion that they haven't been shi!tting bricks trying to fix this for 2 weeks is what I find amusing. This could finish them in this country.

Exactly, they're going to lose a load of customers over this. The guy that thinks they'll sort it out faster if they get fined is some eejit.

"You come back after your holidays when you've had a good time"..

Not if you went to see Tom Petty.. :-(

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Probably mightily relieved as the problems now are most likely nothing to do with him.
    Indeed. He's probably got whatever the Indian equivalent of a p45 is. A toe up the jacksy probably.

I have a hunch about what went wrong with the Ulster Bank backup...

USB-Flash-Memory-P-077-.jpg

long-cable-usb-not-recognized.jpg?1241332083

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

70 is not young damo, although i'm sure my tune will change if i reach that age

• Advertisement

Nice to hear it's not just Ulster Bank who rely on the worlds' economic giants-in-waiting to carry out their vital work.

funny-pictures-call-center.jpg

"Hopefully it's something you wont have to worry about for a long long time.. "

Damien doesnt really get the concept of insurance does he?

eh, AIB shares DID collapse that much Damo....if not more.

Coming up......Brek on fake jewellery.

Wonder will Imogen get back on and offer her a grand to go scuba-diving for lost engagement rings in that hotel septic tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

In all fairness, if I went for an interview and the interviewer started breast feeding her child I wouldn't be too impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

70 is not young damo

It is if you're 80!!

In all fairness, if I went for an interview and the interviewer started breast feeding her child I wouldn't be too impressed.

I'd be trying to get a glimse of the nipple.

I heard it was the mála round that let her down..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

She has told this story a few times before...

• Advertisement

I'd be trying to get a glimse of the nipple.

It might be good to have Joe in the room. Just in case a clamp was required ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement